Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else heard this?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The secrecy surrounding this game is utterly bizarre. By all means have a behind-closed-doors friendly, no big deal. But the club are practically taking out injunctions to stop the result getting out.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The secrecy surrounding this game is utterly bizarre. By all means have a behind-closed-doors friendly, no big deal. But the club are practically taking out injunctions to stop the result getting out.

Getting rather silly isn't it, only a game of football ffs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Who cares? It wasn't part of pre-season so simply a training game. Do we need the weekly training 4v4 result, or headers / volleys?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Who cares? It wasn't part of pre-season so simply a training game. Do we need the weekly training 4v4 result, or headers / volleys?

We were playing the Pompey filth, so I would've quite liked to know if we'd put them in their place so that I could troll them on Twitter.

What else is there to do in July ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We were playing the Pompey filth, so I would've quite liked to know if we'd put them in their place so that I could troll them on Twitter.

What else is there to do in July ?

Fair point!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Albion scoring 9? Give your head a wobble

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I heard they were 1-0 up but we scored 9 in the second half. We then kept their 78,000 fans (who absolutely swamped the Lancing training ground, contrary to reports that no-one was allowed in) standing in the pouring rain while the names of our 9 different scorers were read out.

The inbred skate bothering #twats.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is the reason it had to be held behind closed doors and in secret, as otherwise the demand for tickets from The Greatest Fans In The World, Ever, would have been such that no stadium in England would have been big enough to accommodate them, and they'd have had to beg Kim Jong Un to grant permission for a beam back event at the 200,000 capacity National Stadium in Pyongyang, Portsmouth's twin city.

Fortunately for Pompey, old Kim's PR team did lend a hand with the media release though, and consequently the 9-0 defeat against the Abominable Satanic Deviants Of Brighton was mysteriously published as a 1-1 triumph for the Great Courageous Heroes of Hampshire And His Excellency, The Great Successor.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Question for the Fan's Forum if the bennies run out of gormless things to ask about flasks?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Question for the Fan's Forum if the bennies run out of gormless things to ask about flasks?

So when did you decide you were going to go and how easy was it to get the tickets? :wink:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Agreed. Training is behind closed doors so what's the problem with a training match being behind closed doors. There are various comments on the (3?) different threads about this being a sign of football disappearing up its own backside, however to me it seems more a sign of fans feeling an entitlement to know everything that goes on at a football club. I'm sure years ago a training match like this would have taken place without either club making any statement on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here