Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else have doubts about Oscar being the right man to take us forward?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think our fans have been pretty patient and have given Oscar the benefit of the doubt with our awful injury list. Can't really blame that anymore and another poor result against QPR and you might hear boos ring out on Tuesday.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think our fans have been pretty patient and have given Oscar the benefit of the doubt with our awful injury list. Can't really blame that anymore and another poor result against QPR and you might hear boos ring out on Tuesday.

Really, do we not have injuries or players coming back from injuries at the moment then?

They had a pacy playmaker like Drenthe dominating the game whereas our closest version of him was sat on the bench for the entire game. Baffling

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have to say some of the football under him has been completely dull and the lack of goals is a worry despite him saying he wants us to play attacking football. We often go through 90 minutes of football creating just one or two chances in 90 mins.

I cannot agree at all as I do not think our football is either dull or boring the onlh concern ix that each gamd we creat at least 6 good chances but are not taking enough.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They had a pacy playmaker like Drenthe dominating the game whereas our closest version of him was sat on the bench for the entire game. Baffling

He dominated the second half when he switched wings but did little in the first half, when Bruno was on him.

But taking your point, we play way too narrow. Lopez is not good enough and at the very least we should have one of either Buckley, KLL or Solly starting.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I cannot agree at all as I do not think our football is either dull or boring the onlh concern ix that each gamd we creat at least 6 good chances but are not taking enough.

I usually agree with you BG, but whilst it isn't dull, our neat football goes nowhere because the quality of delivery is at times appalling. You cannot win games with a single striker and no midfield pushing on, that is why Crofts was so successful earlier in the season.

Good teams will let you have the ball around the halfway line, but condense the play behind the last man, so there's nowhere to run and that is where we fail, as our delivery is not good enough and build up is too slow.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I am starting to have a few doubts. He seems to be getting more cautious and negative with his team selections as the season goes on. Why do we always seem to have managers that refuse to play two wingers?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I usually agree with you BG, but whilst it isn't dull, our neat football goes nowhere because the quality of delivery is at times appalling. You cannot win games with a single striker and no midfield pushing on, that is why Crofts was so successful earlier in the season.

Good teams will let you have the ball around the halfway line, but condense the play behind the last man, so there's nowhere to run and that is where we fail, as our delivery is not good enough and build up is too slow.

As I said on another thread on the same subject our problem is our final ball into the danger area is not good enough usually, and our failure to take advantage and our chances when they come is our major concern.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I feel that we only see the attacking football when it is really needed: when we're one or two goals down, other than that it's dull defensive football that is probably very easy to prepare to face for other teams, A prime example is the Millwall game at home where the first half was boring, but as soon as they scored it was all us and it was good football

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Why have 3 wingers on the bench, surely they could never plan to use them all as subs? Asin so many games, we were crying out for width & pace so lets have a winger, or maybe 2, on from the start.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

we also had one who looks just like Drenthe who was not even in the squad ......................and has not been for some time

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Why have 3 wingers on the bench, surely they could never plan to use them all as subs? Asin so many games, we were crying out for width & pace so lets have a winger, or maybe 2, on from the start.

That was exactly my initial thought. It did seem to say the least a little strange. I'd like to have seen Solly start instead of JFC that's for sure. Then Bucks and Lua-Lua off the bench.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well Oscar is matching last season over 35 games, and without a proper pre season.

I think he's doing very well.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In response to the OP ----> No

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Well Oscar is matching last season over 35 games, and without a proper pre season.

I think he's doing very well.

Not that I agree with the O.P

But this time last season we were 4th and 7 points clear of Bolton in 7th position ?

EDIT no we were not :blush:

Brighton and Hove Albion ... Were 7th on 59 points

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Doing very, very well. And he was doing BEFORE the recent upturn of results - note that I say results, NOT form, as we aren't playing THAT differently to earlier in the season, simply we have better attacking players at our disposal (Lingard and a fit Buckley) now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here