Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else got a high phone bill from ticket queueing???

telrald

Jan 11, 2006
east grinstead
Admittedly I should be a season ticket holder but this year couldn't afford to (wish I didn't have one at withdean!) but.....

....first opportunity to get a ticket was v Gillingham in carling cup. I was trying to register online but the system was knackered from probable teething problem. Therefore the only way to get a ticket was to phone the number where I started number '29' in the phone queue (this was the lowest I ever got so decided to stay on the line).

An hour later and I finally got through and ordered my ticket. however I have just got my bill through........£40 for that phonecalll!!!,!,,

£40 effing quid!!! Have I got anyway of complaining?!?!?

Apart from here!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
On mobile? 0845 numbers are extortionately priced on mobiles - it's a crying shame the club don't provide an 01273 number.

I called up Vodafone and I got a reduction in my bill as a gesture of goodwill from them but they don't have to do anything if they don't want to... The call charges are clearly published.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
ahhhhhhhhhh so that explains my bill (same for the Cardiff away , booked on my Mobile and equally large bill)

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Using a landline should cost no more than £2 per hour and that's at peak rate. Also quite a lot of landline plans include 0845 in their free call packages

telrald

Jan 11, 2006
east grinstead
Online was not accepting new registrations at the time - I needed to register missis as well.

I'm self employed and on the go all day so had to be on hold as I worked hence the extorsionate fee. I,m on O2 so interesting what you said about ringing vodafone and getting goodwill gesture it's_Neil - what was your complaint line?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I have to say that the ticketing system is a big let down. the club are not doing themselves any favours with the way it is run.

the people working the phones are very polite and professional, but sitting on hold paying a premium rate is not very fair. the club will in reality get very little from these lines, but the provider is coining it in.

the £2 booking charge is a rip off, given that every person buys 2 tickets they are getting a £1 a ticket. If the software provider is really charging that, then the club should change provider.

I see now that the system no longer says sold out instead of reserved tickets etc, but when sold out it now says reserved ticket etc, .... too difficult to have 2 messages ....lol

20th century software for a 21st century stadium and club. Very basic coding which any semi trained coder could resolve in minutes, it is not a good shop front.

Apart from that, effing loving the season!!!!

telrald

Jan 11, 2006
east grinstead
Have to agree....it's the only let down other then the park and ride buses but that's for another day!

The way the seasons going that 40 quid phone bill is still justifiable!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I had to ring the ticket office today to confirm my online booking of the Liverpool game had been processed. Having recieved no emails confirming my booking and also only showing "booking pending"...I wanted to confirm my ST place had been reserved. I was 28th in line on a landline and it took me 76 minutes to get "served" This cost me 76 x 3.4p / minute. Not one to knock the club but i think a simple confirmation email would have saved me nearly 3 quid and an hour and a quarter of my life!! Still love what is happening this year and i am sure the ticketing process will improve!!

paul pring

Aug 11, 2011
tonbridge
its got to my wife spent most of the day trying to get tickets on line and on the phone and still didn't get tickets bet thats cost me a small fortune,sort it out please,or you will lose supporters,but not me been watching since 80s

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It strikes me that many of the problems could in fact be solved by people doing a bit of research instead of ringing the club with problems. For example the pending thing has been explained numerous times and is I think also explained in the club website. Also those non season ticket holders have had months to get an account set up and working correctly before the season started. Yes there are bugs especially with emails, I have had one from four so far but the system tells me I have tickets so I wasn't too worried.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
0845 is not a way of making money. The club don't get a premium from that. It's a local rate call from anywhere in the UK - an 0845 (from a landline) is a good thing for the club to do. Grow up.

And as for calling from a mobile - well what did you expect. Ridiculous complaint.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
It strikes me that many of the problems could in fact be solved by people doing a bit of research instead of ringing the club with problems. For example the pending thing has been explained numerous times and is I think also explained in the club website. Also those non season ticket holders have had months to get an account set up and working correctly before the season started. Yes there are bugs especially with emails, I have had one from four so far but the system tells me I have tickets so I wasn't too worried.

All very well Gazwag but when sometimes you get an email and then other times you dont, you begin to wonder if someone will be sitting in your seat if you dont. There is not many purchases that are not followed up by confirmation of reservation. Just a niggle i know but "pending" seems to be a "maybe you have and maybe you hav'nt got a ticket" which may take getting used to if you are travelling miles to a game!

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Admittedly I should be a season ticket holder but this year couldn't afford to (wish I didn't have one at withdean!) but.....

....first opportunity to get a ticket was v Gillingham in carling cup. I was trying to register online but the system was knackered from probable teething problem. Therefore the only way to get a ticket was to phone the number where I started number '29' in the phone queue (this was the lowest I ever got so decided to stay on the line).

An hour later and I finally got through and ordered my ticket. however I have just got my bill through........£40 for that phonecalll!!!,!,,

£40 effing quid!!! Have I got anyway of complaining?!?!?

Apart from here!

No, i book on line for cup and away games

telrald

Jan 11, 2006
east grinstead

Whether you are registered or not, I still had to call the system to explain change of postal address also. With the massive early demand the infrastructure couldn't cope......or could it as all those people on hold were earning money?!?

I tried to register online a couple of weeks before season but it still wouldn't do. When I did get through I was told the problem was a conflict in the postcode of my address. Nothing I could do but to be on hold for over an hour.

I did notice for the Sunderland game (which I went too) there was an 'overspill phone number'. This did work well and I was on hold only for 15 mins so well done to the club for recognising the early problems

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All very well Gazwag but when sometimes you get an email and then other times you dont, you begin to wonder if someone will be sitting in your seat if you dont. There is not many purchases that are not followed up by confirmation of reservation. Just a niggle i know but "pending" seems to be a "maybe you have and maybe you hav'nt got a ticket" which may take getting used to if you are travelling miles to a game!

I agree the email problem is annoying, but even putting "what does pending mean brighton tickets" into google gives the link straight to insiders answer
It means it has been processed but the ticket hasn't been a. printed or b. uploaded to the card.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I agree the email problem is annoying, but even putting "what does pending mean brighton tickets" into google gives the link straight to insiders answer

Thanks for that Gazwag, that has reasured me more than the response on the phone, but i realise its me the customer having a little technology naivity surfacing!! cheers

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here