Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone else going to watch the England game ONLY if Moder is playing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
we’re only leading 1 nil. Against Poland. In a qualifier.

Germany just lost 2-1 to North Macedonia. :thumbsup: France only beat Bosnia 1-0.

I never said anything about us being world class or anything - I don’t think we’re favourites or anything, probably about the 4th best European team atm, and certainly behind France and Belgium.

I’m not going to apologise for being excited about England having exciting, young, likeable players. It’s a shame you can’t simply enjoy that for what it is. Ignore the media.

The World Cup was absolutely ****ing brilliant, and the Euros is looking like a good competition again - however far England get. Enjoy it.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maguire definitely international class, though a bit old fashioned

Stones in the running for PL player of the season, but routinely s*** for England

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So it WAS a dig about Potter. Southgate is not fit to lace his boots imo :shrug:

No, it was a statement of fact that Southgate’s appointment happened while Ashworth was in a senior role in the FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Germany just lost 2-1 to North Macedonia. :thumbsup: France only beat Bosnia 1-0.

I never said anything about them being world class or anything - I don’t think we’re favourites or anything, probably about the 4th best European team atm, and certainly behind France and Belgium.

I’m not going to apologise for being excited about England having exciting, young, likeable players. It’s a shame you can’t simply enjoy that for what it is. Ignore the media.

The World Cup was absolutely ****ing brilliant, and the Euros is looking like a good competition again - however far England get.

Yes

No team has had it all their own way in this international break.

We're in with a shout this summer, along with 7 or 8 other teams who we are at about the same level at

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, it was a statement of fact that Southgate’s appointment happened while Ashworth was in a senior role in the FA.

Tony Bloom appointed Sami Hyypia :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
No, you implied Ashworth partly created the 'uber beige team England', which is an opinion not a fact.

Do you think Team England are setting the world on fire then? Agree with Southgate’s centre back picks?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Do you think Team England are setting the world on fire then? Agree with Southgate’s centre back picks?

What does this have to do with you stating that Ashworth helped create uber beige England?

I don't remember anyone referring to an England Technical Director before in terms of how England perform or their team selection - especially one who left the role nearly 3 years ago. :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
What does this have to do with you stating that Ashworth helped create uber beige England?

I don't remember anyone referring to an England Technical Director before in terms of how England perform or their team selection - especially one who left the role nearly 3 years ago. :shrug:

Loads on here stating how they hate Southgate without any comprehension that the top to toe philosophy that appointed him is exactly what we have at the Albion.

Have you got an interesting and insightful Team England quote you could share with the class?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Loads on here stating how they hate Southgate without any comprehension that the top to toe philosophy that appointed him is exactly what we have at the Albion.

Have you got an interesting and insightful Team England quote you could share with the class?

I'm just intrigued that when [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] asked you if that was an implied dig at Potter and the Albion, you denied it and said it was a statement of fact. You're now saying it was very much in reference to the Albion.:shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm just intrigued that when [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] asked you if that was an implied dig at Potter and the Albion, you denied it and said it was a statement of fact. You're now saying it was very much in reference to the Albion.:shrug:

Knew it :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's pretty decent, and you're right can score (and is good at set pieces defensively too). The issue that most B&HA fans don't seem to get is that his skill-set and weaknesses are very similar to Dunk, yet Maguire is a bit better of the two. Once that's been established, then they can't play together at international level.

A bit like Shearer and Wright.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

England are better now, under the present regime, than they have ever been.

Same with Brighton.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I never said anything about us being world class or anything - I don’t think we’re favourites or anything, probably about the 4th best European team atm, and certainly behind France and Belgium.

The World Cup was absolutely ****ing brilliant, and the Euros is looking like a good competition again - however far England get. Enjoy it.

I do enjoy the World Cup. Finals. Qualifiers however are about as exciting as the the Pizza Pot or whatever it is these days. Far better when we weren’t guaranteed to get there. If you enjoy San Marino, get down your local rec as those amateur games can be quite fun too. We’ve got a crop of talented youngsters, yet to prove anything. So again exciting but don’t get carried away my friend because we almost certainly know what happens next...! :)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Portugal are favourites for me, I’m amazed they’re not being talked about more. Just have a look at their starting 11 and strengh in depth, it’s frightening.

I think England are a long way behind them, France and Belgium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here