Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Anyone else getting adverts pop up, when you click on a thread to read it.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Err.... not fixed for me.
I have a small pop up advert on the Big Board for “Palentir-backed Wego & the Autonomous revolution “ Must be of interest to somebody. But not me.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If it happens again, I'll ask that my account gets deleted so yet more loss of revenue.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you're not logged in you could still get the ad very occasionally, but if you're logged in you should never get it. In fact I don't see how you can as I've deleted the code from the site completely.

If you do get it - please post a full screenshot so I can check it out.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes started happening today and I'm always logged in.

If I see it again, I send you something Bozza. Possibly something cached locally so I'll clear cookies etc.. laters.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My Sophos at work is going mental all the time I have NSC open. Keeps saying it has blocked a site but doesn't say what. Presumably the same issue. And I am logged in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My Sophos at work is going mental all the time I have NSC open. Keeps saying it has blocked a site but doesn't say what. Presumably the same issue. And I am logged in.

There was no issue, or certainly no security issue anyway - NSC hadn't been hacked or similar.

An existing advertiser had updated how one of their ads was going to work. I'd had prior notification, but not had time to explore the impact. When people flagged it, I removed it.

If you are getting specific alerts to do with NSC, any and all information you can supply will help me investigate as if things don't happen for me - and they're not right now - I don't know what I don't know.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
There was no issue, or certainly no security issue anyway - NSC hadn't been hacked or similar.

An existing advertiser had updated how one of their ads was going to work. I'd had prior notification, but not had time to explore the impact. When people flagged it, I removed it.

If you are getting specific alerts to do with NSC, any and all information you can supply will help me investigate as if things don't happen for me - and they're not right now - I don't know what I don't know.

Sorry - should have said it is Sophos Web control. Don't know why it is even on my PC but every time I open a thread, I get a Website Blocked message saying it is blocking a website that is against our company policy. Were it our usual proxy server, I could look at the logs but I'm not sure how that works for the local version.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here