Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Else Get The HORRIBLE Feeling We'll Offer Deals To CMS And Leon F*cking Best?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I can see him ending up at Crawley next season providing he can afford the drop in wages.

On gates of less than 3k I cannot beleave that Crawley could pay him what he is after. Somewhere like Gillingham or Southend if he wants to stay in the South East.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone Else Get The HORRIBLE Feeling We'll Offer Deals To CMS And Leon F*cking Best?

Sadly, yes. Well, maybe not CMS.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No.

CMS is surely gone.

Best, no idea, but I can't see the case for signing him at all.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
After the booing he got when he came off against Huddersfield I don't imagine Best would want to stay here.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No. The last 2-3 months have been trials for the two of them. I'm sure they failed to impress with a total
tally of zero goals between them since they've been here.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No. The last 2-3 months have been trials for the two of them.

Trials...... trials...... Is that what people call fighting for our league status now...... They have been shit at trying to keep us up, what makes any sane person think there good enough to keep to go up.....

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Best has the ability to play Championship football easily, his time at Newcastle shows that. We he doesn't have is the aptitude or the common sense to see he was playing for a contract. If he is too stupid, lazy or arrogant to see that, its his problem not ours.

CMS has never really shown the ability to justify his fee, he has shown enough to be a squad player in the past. However, since his injuries he has looked a shadow of even that player and time has simply run out.

GOG - God loves a trier, but that is all he has to offer, we need to sell while there is still a fee to be salvaged...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
After the booing he got when he came off against Huddersfield I don't imagine Best would want to stay here.

Same here. I don't imagine he'll fancy it for a second. Even the thickest skinned of footballers must have some idea of what the feeling is amongst fans.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
If the total clungenugget that is Leon Best signs any kind of contract with the Albion as a 'striker' then I will give serious consideration for reporting the club under the trade descriptions act.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
...and he'll be played as a winger who drifts in, because he's not good enough as a striker either. But having spunked near 2 million quid the board will want some value back from him so Hughton is lumbered with him

Exactly this. I fear we are lumbered with Baldock because the club won't get back what they paid for him and would lose face to get shot now. CMS all over again. Our only hope is that some other club identify him as their 'main target' like we did and want to pay over the odds for a League One striker playing in The Championship.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
How much do I rate CMS?
I would rather offer a contract to Best, that's how much..
Best on a high wage at Blackburn which he will not give up.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I still think CMS has value if he's played with the right setup. Not saying he's gonna set the world on fire, but I don't think he's rubbish either.

As for Best, he can do a long jump off a short Brighton Pier :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here