Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Else Admit To Discretely Applauding The Burton Goal?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Person next to me applauded. I complained.

Yes. Yes you would. Were you in an empty room at the time?

I don't care if it was a good goal, I want us to win by as many as possible. Do you people not remember last year?

Do you not remember why you started watching the beautiful game in the first place? And that we have a GD of 26, a full dozen clear of the next best GD? Not that that matters in the context of the goal.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Do you not remember why you started watching the beautiful game in the first place? And that we have a GD of 26, a full dozen clear of the next best GD?

So it is circumstances rather than the actual finish. Did you applaud that splendid strike by the MASSIVE in the play-offs last term?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you not remember why you started watching the beautiful game in the first place?
It wasn't because I enjoy seeing us lose out on goal difference, I can assure you of that.

And that we have a GD of 26, a full dozen clear of the next best GD?
I'll kindly ignore Newcastle for you. Leeds were the closest in terms of catching us and beating us on GD - thankfully we scored another and they lost by 2.

I was puzzled about why we lined up eleven players to defend our goal against a routine free kick. My reaction wasn't to clap Burton, but to think I was right to be critical of the defence.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If it had been an 'important' game, all the pundits would be creaming themselves.

I thought it was excellent. Just a shame it was against us.

theboybilly

Person next to me applauded. I complained.

I don't care if it was a good goal, I want us to win by as many as possible. Do you people not remember last year?

Yes we remember last year but there's nothing wrong with admiring a bit of skill once it's done. We might have gone on to win 3-0 if that goal hadn't been scored. 4-1 is better in the great scheme of things, so that free kick might have done us a favour if it comes down to 'goals scored'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So it is circumstances rather than the actual finish. Did you applaud that splendid strike by the MASSIVE in the play-offs last term?

On a pure footballing level I can fully appreciate the level of skill involved in, say, Gazza's goal v Scotland in Euro 96, even though it broke my heart at the time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good for you. Thought I wouldn't bother stating the bleeding obvious.
So instead of stating the obvious you decided to post inaccurate waffle. Good for you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We might have gone on to win 3-0 if that goal hadn't been scored. 4-1 is better in the great scheme of things, so that free kick might have done us a favour if it comes down to 'goals scored'
:wozza:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You REALLY think I looked up the league table and ignored Newcastle's GD?
You got it wrong. I don't care why you got it wrong.
Carry on wasting your Saturday evening on an empty argument in an empty room
If the room was empty, you wouldn't be here. Nice thought.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Didn't realise til your post that it was the same player. But me and everyone around me in the North muttered how well their number 28 did playing his team out of severe pressure at that point.

Sounds a bit like a patronising Albion-Albion love-in. Tho it really wasn't. Don't think anyone applauded the away support numbers. They might as well have been a mural for all the support they gave to their team. Probably only here to tick a new ground off their trainspotting list. **** 'em!

Did they even announce the attendance? Don't remember it at all, had to see if the club posted it on twitter at the end of the game.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Cracking shot. Did not applaud though as the free kick was a crap decision. The ref was a complete bottle job.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of course. Tremendous skill.

I also applauded their centre half as he beat three players to play the ball out of their box and clear it upfield straight to the centre forward.

It's a game and if someone plays well, they deserve it....

Having said that great effort by march today...ripped their number 4 at least 3 new ones.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
mid 80's I think

beat Carlisle 6-1 night game

but there goal was something else,most applauded it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here