Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone Else A Tad Emotional Today ?

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
First game in 89.
We lost our Dad in January this year. His first game was in the 50s at the Goldstone... so this season was always going to be emotional.
So proud of our club.
Tears of pride on the bus on the way home...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Supporting since 1972, 53 years, was exhausted after the game and went to sleep surprisingly easy considering.
Got a lump in my throat reading this thread though.
I will wear my Albion shirt all next weekend as a trubute.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
What did me was at final whistle Pascal Gross dropping to his knees and putting his head to the turf.As the lower west emptied slightly I looked along to my son,he’s 32 so can sit on his own,he was gazing at the pitch and saw me and we both looked up at the sky(heaven for those who believe) and I mouthed Grandad to my lad,my Dad took me to the goldstone in 1968 to my first game and I did the same with my lads
Thanks Dad I know you saw it yesterday and all those years ago for introducing me to support the mighty Albion
UTA

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
What a day. In 52 years of supporting the Albion, through thick and thin... it took a Pascal GroB interview to reduce me to tears 🤣
Is someone able to post this interview? I feel like I am due a bit of a boo, while we are still in the moment.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
-VAR decisions went our way for a change👏
- Chelsea worst ever EPL finish 🤣
Let it go my friend, without the base level Potter put in place I doubt we'd be anywhere near Europe.
Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I did have a tear in each eye at full time. Seeing the bloke in front of me with a similar condition and being hugged by his dad didn’t help. And I started singing the Dunk song on the lap of honour as he passed the North, but had to stop as a lump had appeared in my throat.

For me, this meant a lot more than winning promotion to the Prem, more emotional. I’m so proud to support this club.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I did have a tear in each eye at full time. Seeing the bloke in front of me with a similar condition and being hugged by his dad didn’t help. And I started singing the Dunk song on the lap of honour as he passed the North, but had to stop as a lump had appeared in my throat.

For me, this meant a lot more than winning promotion to the Prem, more emotional. I’m so proud to support this club.
That lump spread like virus, stopped me singing a few times.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Absolutely…… when we fell in love with the Albion they were a 3rd division club in an old stadium and the big clubs at the top were a million miles away . We loved it the same . Promotion at the Goldstone was just as exciting….. followed by relegation again.
Who would have thought that we would be here , numbered among the elite of Europe, contesting European football. ?
Thank you Tony, Mr Barber Mr de Zerbi and the managers along the way for making it happen . :albion2: :albion2:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Giddy. Emotional. Just a shame that my Albion stool (made in woodwork at Stringer circa 73), fell apart just after Hereford and I binned it. Could’ve got on the Repair Shop after yesterday! At least Matt Lorenzo can finish the documentary now. CANNOT BELIEVE IT.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I know what you mean. Promotion to the Prem was something we'd been dreaming of for years, and was our target ever since we moved to the Amex. When we finally got there, it was relief mixed in with the elation.

Whereas playing in Europe was something I'd never even dreamed of, hadn't crossed my mind as a genuine possibility until maybe 3 years ago. It's just pure delight.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Welled up at the final whistle, thinking about not only what we’d achieved but some of the people who in a very small way helped it happen, Roy Chuter, Paul Whelch, Sarah Watts, Ed Bassford and Mary Emery amongst others.

I’ve also this weekend thought a lot about both Tony Grealish and Michael Robinson a huge part of the history of this football club, both cruelly taken by cancer younger than I am today.

Life is really for living, enjoy your families, enjoy your families, and all enjoy the Albion in Europe 🍾❤️⚽

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I felt a very similar feeling to when GOSBTS played for the first time at the first Amex game in 2011. Just a sense of, wow, we did it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here