Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Anyone else a big fan of Crufts?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember as a kid giggling if the commentor said, ‘shitzu.

Actually I still do tbh.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a dislike of dogs, so it’s a no from me.

boik

They've been making a big thing about that on the show. I agree, by the way. People who run puppy farms should be banned from ever having dogs.

I didn’t just mean the practical side like puppy farming, but also the fact of the horrendous in breeding , declining gene pool and all of the physical problems that brings for the poor dogs. I would never buy a dog that wasn’t basically wolf shaped for that reason.

boik

So what is done to them?

What are they doing to Whippets?
The in breeding to create “desired” features, such as flat faces, extreme smallness, disproportionately short legs. So many of these dogs have inherent problems such as breathing problems leading to infection, joint dysphasia etc. Look at the skull of a bulldog, it’s horrendous, no nasal cavities at all.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The in breeding to create “desired” features, such as flat faces, extreme smallness, disproportionately short legs. So many of these dogs have inherent problems such as breathing problems leading to infection, joint dysphasia etc. Look at the skull of a bulldog, it’s horrendous, no nasal cavities at all.

OK so not all breeds then.

Just some. You made it seem like all pedigree breeds.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:

I remember once reading how a Japanese breeder crossed a Doberman with a bull terrier and THE DEVIL :ohmy:

I did read this in The Sunday Sport though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here