Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Anyone doing the joe wicks workout?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bloody hell that was a hard one...heart rate up to 120

Still sweating after stopping 10 minutes ago.

Fabulous scenes

I was about to say 120 isn’t that high but just checked mine, and it peaked at 112 during that.

Checking my run from Sunday it averaged 160bpm!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Fabulous scenes

Just think - when you've got your puff back and your pants down off the lightshade you can give the Joe Wicks workout a go.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just been interviewed on the radio - came across as a very humble bloke, very likeable. He can scarcely believe almost a million people have tuned for the last two days......................

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just been interviewed on the radio - came across as a very humble bloke, very likeable. He can scarcely believe almost a million people have tuned for the last two days......................

I’ve followed him for a while on Instagram and he is very likeable indeed, and does seem to be solely focused on helping people lead healthier lives.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was about to say 120 isn’t that high but just checked mine, and it peaked at 112 during that.

Checking my run from Sunday it averaged 160bpm!

I didn’t have my Apple watch on until the last 10 minutes, and 120 was after a shower and calming down lol

I’ll check it tomorrow

It’s funny we have been doing the gym for years, yet having someone like joe telling you what to do and planning it out has made us both work harder that we ever have....

Adrienne’s yoga will be this afternoon, so at least we are keeping active especially as the golf course is now shut....

..we are looking to go for a good walk before lunch on the course...it’s fabulous up there and no chance of meeting anyone

These days it’s all about routine I suppose

Cheers

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn’t have my Apple watch on until the last 10 minutes, and 120 was after a shower and calming down lol

I’ll check it tomorrow

It’s funny we have been doing the gym for years, yet having someone like joe telling you what to do and planning it out has made us both work harder that we ever have....

I got out of bed this morning and thought "that's strange - I'm a bit achey", but didn't think too much of it.

It was only when I remembered the 9am PE lesson that it dawned on me that it was from yesterday's session.

When I had a running injury earlier this year I did one of his regular pre-recorded HIIT sessions each day - there are a load on YouTube - and I had aches and pains all over the place. I can run 40 miles a week and feel no ill-effects, but 20 minutes of HIIT and I'm in a right state!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Fabulous scenes

I only did half of the exercises today. I like it that the changes the movements pretty quickly, so if you can't manage one, then he's pretty soon onto something you can do.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I did the introductory 15 minute HIIT workout for beginners today in the garden sunshine. Loved it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jeez that was a killer this morning.

Fantastic workout and sweated like hell.

In all the many years I have done the gym, I have never worked as hard in 30 minutes!

Heart rate hit 138 ....

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
My wife started doing the workout a couple of days ago, but gave up and moved to the seniors version.

I'm sitting in my chair ready to provide first aid if needed.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
yinyasa-yoga.png :thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It wasn't 30, was it?

It was a 5-minute warm-up and then 2 * 10-minute sessions.

Anyway, yes, did it with my son.

Likewise with son, mind still writing cheques the body can't cash.

It is amazing how much sweat you can work up in a few minutes in front of your TV!

I bet..... especially when the Sons at school and Mrs is out?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's all Joe Wicks' Christmases come at once :xmas:

Bet the bloke can't believe his extreme good fortune at this most unexpected turn of events :lolol:

You are of course right...but we went to the gym for Pilates and yoga twice a week which is now defunct, so this is a brilliant way of keeping fit and knackering yourself out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here