Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been to wembley recently

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Last time I went there was England v Scotland ages ago! So cant remember a thing about travel/stations etc. Im going up there on Thursday for the womens football final with my little girl and want to make sure I get the right stations etc. I am near eastbourne but will probably be travelling out of Haywards Heath. Anyone been up during the olympics or have any idea of best stations etc to go to. I presume driving is out of the question.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Last time I went there was England v Scotland ages ago! So cant remember a thing about travel/stations etc. Im going up there on Thursday for the womens football final with my little girl and want to make sure I get the right stations etc. I am near eastbourne but will probably be travelling out of Haywards Heath. Anyone been up during the olympics or have any idea of best stations etc to go to. I presume driving is out of the question.
My Daughter and her gang went yesterday to see Mexico play. Too late to ring her tonight but she said today the journey was easy. I know they went to Victoria by train then caught the tube direct to Wembley. She said leaving was the only issue as it took at least an hour to get out and get on a train. I will get more details tomorrow.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
My Daughter and her gang went yesterday to see Mexico play. Too late to ring her tonight but she said today the journey was easy. I know they went to Victoria by train then caught the tube direct to Wembley. She said leaving was the only issue as it took at least an hour to get out and get on a train. I will get more details tomorrow.

Thanks very much

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I caught the train to wembley park last wednesday for south korea v gabon on the way getting there is fine just a bit crowded on the train. getting back there was a queue for wembley park the whole way along wembley but going to wembley stadium station there was no queue and straight on the train to marlybone. Wembley park has a direct train to clapham junction which is easy but it stops calling at wembley central at about 9.30 ish

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Use Wembley Stadium station, about 10 minutes from Marylebone, queues are a lot shorter and trains arent as packed as the tube.

Could either get back to Victoria using the tube (Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus and Victoria line to Victoria) or the number 2 bus from outside the station - both are rather quick.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
We went last Tuesday for Team GB ladies vs Brazil.
Left Lancing pretty early (half 3ish) for a 7:45 kick-off, got there with plenty of time. If you're travelling from Haywards Heath you probably won't need to leave until half 4.
That left long enough to do a lap of the Stadium and concourse, have food, drink, etc. Be prepared to pay with several of your vital organs, I think it was £8.10 for fish and chips and £3.90 for a small bottle of beer.

On the way back we walked to Wembley Central station (the furthest of the three) after the game had finished and there were barely any queues. Only needed one change to get back to Victoria using the Underground and Bob's your uncle.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Went Sat... Was easy getting there... waterloo... then jubilee line to wembley park...

The only problem was leaving the stadium... absolutely chocca and took 45 mins to walk down wembley walk... once in the station though was fine...

Maybe leave 5 mins early to save 45 mins on ur journey...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
went sat... Was easy getting there... Waterloo... Then jubilee line to wembley park...

The only problem was leaving the stadium... Absolutely chocca and took 45 mins to walk down wembley walk... Once in the station though was fine...

Maybe leave 5 mins early to save 45 mins on ur journey...

what, and be tagged as a jle ?? Never.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

I went on Wednesday and drove. There are lots of "unnofficial" car parks near the stadium. Pick one. No bother. A bit of traffic from Perivale onwards on the way in. Left game a couple of minutes early at 7pm, avoided rush, home at 8:45. Absolute doddle.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
I got sent an email recently offering me a tour of wembley and the chance to zip line across the pitch. I was really looking forward to it until I realised I was just over the maximum weight restriction.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Looks like you have had lots of advice. My Daughter went to Victoria from Brighton / Victoria line tube to Green Park / Jubilee line to Wembley. Its worth waiting a bit before you leave to let the bulk of the crowd go. Enjoy your day.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Went last Tuesday to Gabon - South Korea. Jubilee line and Metropolitan to Wembley Park easy. Left 5 min early as did most apparently but got into the same station and on a Jubilee line train with little difficulty. Lots of people but no real queues and well organised.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Victoria > Green Park > Baker street > Wembley park is quickest way by tube from Victoria , make sure you get metropolitan line from baker street

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Parking is £30 per car when it's an England match, so probably double that in the Olympics. But get the tube and you may have hours of standing round waiting for them to let you into the station, not much fun with a small child.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here