Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anyone been to turkey/ greece / cyprus?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
done a lot of travelling but never ben to these places. whats weather like mid oct ? any nice quiet resorts/ fishing villages? me the mrs and 6 month old need to do a cheap and cheerful 2 weekerany ideas?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Been to Cyprus, best avoid Limassol if you're looking for a quiet resort. It was like a war zone in places with half finished buildings and dust and loads of traffic. 10 or so years ago so may have been tidied up but i wouldn't want to go back.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Been to cyprus 3 times and love the place. Spent most of my time in coral bay/paphos and I couldn't recommend them highly enough. Weather should still be nice (22/23 c) in October aswell.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Been to cyprus 3 times and love the place. Spent most of my time in coral bay/paphos and I couldn't recommend them highly enough. Weather should still be nice (22/23 c) in October aswell.

It's all a matter of opinion I guess!

I used to love Cyprus, and Paphos/Coral Bay area, but now far too tacky IMO. You could be on any of the Costas. Good beach in Coral Bay though, poor in Paphos. Weather in October would be fine.

I'd go for Western Crete (XL fly to Hania from Gatwick.) It's beauutiful, great beaches and not too many Brits - bit like Cyprus was 20 years ago.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

coral bay spot on, quiet and safe , good restaurants , nice beach - recommend

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
cheers everyone
choosing a holiday is a nightmare

may just go all inc to egypt for 2 weeks but its boring and been before

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Crete is very nice for a family holiday.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Was in Greece mid Oct two years ago and will there then this year. Was very hot then, good chance of it being hotter than it has been over here anyway. ALthough there is a chance the weather will break about that time. Id reccommend Athens, definitely worth doing the sightseeing - Pathanon etc. But I wouldnt stay there for more than a couple of days, horrible city really - very hazy/smoggy. For quiet villages Olympia is nice, which is inland. When I went we spent a couple of days in a small town called Tolo, which is a bay/inlet. Not much there in terms of shops, few bars and restuarants but a lovely setting. Plenty of boat trips, can hire pedalos, go banana boating if your feeling particularly wild. There are plenty of quaint little villages around in Greece, but most are very remote so be warned!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cyprus (2), Greece (2), Turkey (5) - all very good for weather in October

Silvanus

Aug 16, 2007
Greece is a very nice place to go to as is Cyprus. Though I've never been to Turkey a few people I know enjoy it there. Don't know any quiet places to go to though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A lot of the smaller Greek islands shut up shop in October and the taverna / apartment owner bugger off to Athens for the Winter. But they're lovely and peaceful and the weather is perfect.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
do quite fancy turkey
anyone been to olu deniz that looks quite nice

Yes i have.Been to Turkey 4 times.It pisses all over Cyprus.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
If you get the chance to visit Ephesus in Turkey I cannot recommend it highly enough. Absolutely fascinating place that once visited you will never forget

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here