Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been over to see a Barcelona home game?

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Been to several games in Spain, the last being in Barcelona when they picked up the league winners trophy a few years ago (think in 2009). The second Barcelona conceded the fans were very negative. Not the best atmosphere, too many tourists there and although loud (everything is Spain is generally loud tbh) there wasn't much passion there, apart from the negativity.

From my past experience there, the catering staff ignore you if you are English and speak Castellano to order food or drink.

Pretty unimpressed with the entire experience - yes, good football but poor atmosphere. I found the atmosphere at Rayo Vallecano, Xerez, Athletic Club and Atlético far more engrossing than at Barça.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
For the average Brighton fan It would be a nightmare as they have a drum, flags, ultras, goal music and the goal scores name read out ! All the things Brighton call tinpot and more!

Flags yes. Every club reads out the goalscorer - just not in the same crap choreographed routine Palace use.

Ultras, goal music, drum - No

Brother Sid

Jan 4, 2006
Horsham
Went to see Barcelona v Almeria a few years ago. The only game I've ever left early. Bought tickets from a booth and sat two rows from the back behind the goal besides a load of American tourists who spent the whole time making paper aeroplanes and launching them towards the bottom tiers. Moved seats and to possibly an even worse position next to a load German tourists singing 've laave ya Barca'. Moved a third time next to a bloke who was giving some continual running commentary in an unknown language on a mobile phone. Barcelona were 5 - 0 up at half time and must have had an agreement not to score anymore after half time, twenty minutes to go and I left. All in all not a great experience.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Also been up in the top tier with the other tourists. Want to go again but would definitely pay more to be in one of the lower tiers this time

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to watch Real Madrid but the problem was pre booking the tickets as the kick off is not decided until about a week before the game and we complain about our TV running football. When we applied was told the kick off would be either Saturday or Sunday at either 8.00pm or 9.00pm depending on the TV company. As it happened the game we saw was on Sunday evening KO 9.00pm. This makes a problem with pre booked flights as we went on Friday evening and came home Monday lunch. I dont know if Barcelona is the same but would imagine so. It may have improved, as we saw Real when Beckham and Zidane were playing for them.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Not an over night as we were there 4 days but we took a trip to the Camp Neu and watched, with the home fans behind the goal an 8-0 thumping in the Euro Cup some bloke with buck teeth scored 3 or 4 and the rain bucketed down.

I don't know how we landed up in the middle of the home fans, the Scots in front of us in the queue paid the same got row ZZZZZZZZ something I think way up at the top. Very pleased to be in the home fans ground level under the cover of the tier above us would have been very wet otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here