Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone back from Rome with Covid/other lurghi?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep absolutely wiped out, not going today.

Although in fairness I was done in before Fulham.
Whatever this lurgy is it's a nasty one of which Ive never had anything like before.

It's been really peaks and troughs.
Currently very much in a stuffed up head and nauseous trough.

Captain Fun Boy

Nov 5, 2022
just heard from some of our bunch, quite a few hit by it by sound of things, just about made it back last night, got in the door and fever hit, plus scratchy throat, horrible headache. Gawd bless the inventor of lemsip. Not going today but was hoping to and see us bounce back. Get better soon those who have it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
OK at the moment but one of the others on the city tour I did on Wednesday was coughing her guts up relentlessly all day. Tried to keep my distance but wouldn’t be surprised if something hits :shrug:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I hope and expect there will be a period of silence before kick off today, beginning and ending on the referee’s whistle.
And let's hope that, for once, it does actually start on the referee's whistle. Otherwise it doesn't count.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
OK at the moment but one of the others on the city tour I did on Wednesday was coughing her guts up relentlessly all day. Tried to keep my distance but wouldn’t be surprised if something hits :shrug:
Ha. Me too! Had to do a bit of dodging.

Two lads, clearly still looking a bit pissed from the night before on my flight to Milan on Friday. One of them zonked out straight away. Then woke up mid flight coughing his head off for 5 minutes. Matey next to him sees all the concerned faces around and said 'don't worry, it ain't Covid! He just smokes like a trooper' 🤣

Seagull Saz

Aug 18, 2013
Yes, me too. Although I started coughing as soon as I got to Italy. It has got progressively worse and I have been in bed since getting home on Friday evening. No parkrun yesterday (this never happens) and today I have to miss the match and a Mother’s Day meal. Feeling very sorry for myself! Terrible hacking cough, sore throat, headache, aches and pains, no appetite. Covid test negative.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ve had a nasty cough since yesterday but I put it down to loads of passive smoking.

Fumare?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This cough , phlegm , sore throat thing was doing the rounds in London about a month ago. Pure evil. I hadn't coughed before it for about 10 years. But when I had it last month it lasted around 3 weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here