[Albion] Anyone actually going on Sunday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Getting over a sickness bug so I'll see on the day, currently feeling well and truly wiped out though so I'm not sure sitting through another loss will do much for my wellbeing.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If Martinez is out then that does change things a bit. Firstly because he is genuinely a top class keeper and Olsen isn't (I know, cue 4 world class saves on Sunday...) and secondly because he is a leader for them and a massive shithouse. He's like the Argentinian Pickford but not bang average and with trophies to show for it.

Villa's whole set up is based on energy so we must match that as a minimum.

Also I thought Enciso looked quite lively when he came on, he's had another week of training.
Gilmour is back but must wear longer studs.
Just for the love of God RDZ:
* Don't play Barco at left back. I'd go nuts and consider playing him in Solly's position at some point.
Plus
* Play a midfield 2 of Gilmour and Baleba
* Play Gross in the 10 or on the right if Enciso starts
* Play Pedro on the left
* If fit enough then start Enciso in the 10 behind Datman
* DEFINITELY no Lallana for this one

Bart
Veltman Webster Dunk Igor
Gilmour Baleba
Gross Enciso Pedro
Welbeck
This!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just about drag myself there I expect.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes. This next game could be season-defining.

Plus it's my last game of the season, so I hope the boys at least get a goal.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
If Martinez is out then that does change things a bit. Firstly because he is genuinely a top class keeper and Olsen isn't (I know, cue 4 world class saves on Sunday...) and secondly because he is a leader for them and a massive shithouse. He's like the Argentinian Pickford but not bang average and with trophies to show for it.

Villa's whole set up is based on energy so we must match that as a minimum.

Also I thought Enciso looked quite lively when he came on, he's had another week of training.
Gilmour is back but must wear longer studs.
Just for the love of God RDZ:
* Don't play Barco at left back. I'd go nuts and consider playing him in Solly's position at some point.
Plus
* Play a midfield 2 of Gilmour and Baleba
* Play Gross in the 10 or on the right if Enciso starts
* Play Pedro on the left
* If fit enough then start Enciso in the 10 behind Datman
* DEFINITELY no Lallana for this one

Bart
Veltman Webster Dunk Igor
Gilmour Baleba
Gross Enciso Pedro
Welbeck
Not as critical of Barco at L(W)B as you, but at this point, why not let him play at LW and move Adingra (or even better Buonanotte) to RW? Plus Enciso as a 10 and Pedro as a 9

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Getting over a sickness bug so I'll see on the day, currently feeling well and truly wiped out though so I'm not sure sitting through another loss will do much for my wellbeing.
I’m in the same boat was fine last Friday and then come the evening it was pouring out of both ends 🤢

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I’ll be there and am well excited! I’m hoping we win but if I only ever went to games I knew we would win I wouldn’t go to many 😂

Getting seagull travel for the first time so quite excited to see how that works.

Jul 7, 2003
For my group, I am recovering from surgery so can't attend and others have family commitments for the bank holiday. The change to Sunday saw off a couple more who had plans leaving a few seats spare in our section.

Nothing to do with not being bothered and would have been no different if we were on a long winning streak and playing brilliantly - just life getting in the way.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I'll be there, but it "feels" like the last time we beat villa was the chuffin charity shield.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Not as critical of Barco at L(W)B as you, but at this point, why not let him play at LW and move Adingra (or even better Buonanotte) to RW? Plus Enciso as a 10 and Pedro as a 9
I'm not being critical of Barco, I just don't think he's ready to play LB in the EPL. There is clearly huge potential there but we simply can't have the jogging back we saw for Muff's 3rd last week, that was literally schoolboy level lack of awareness, position, desire, everything really! He's cost us 3 goals in 2 starts at LB because IMO he's not a LB. Emery would target him.

Adringa has been bang average since Afcon and is actually getting worse not better IMO, there is just zero end product at the moment, however he's played way too many minutes this season and that wouldn't have been the plan, he needs a rest.

I think Goodnight is in the wrong league, he's gotten a bit stronger but still way too lightweight IMO, again very little end product currently. No way would I start him v Villa, wrong oppo, the likes of McGinn would bully him, Barcodes or ManU maybe.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Club not panicking yet. Still only available to members.
10am Sunday will be for anyone, when 2000 still unsold and full panic mode.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'll be there, but it "feels" like the last time we beat villa was the chuffin charity shield.
We've only beaten them 3 times in 31 matches since then. One being during their run to the title in 1980/81

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports