[Albion] Anyone actually going on Sunday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
If you’d told any of those bedraggled people, drenched under their plastic ponchos down at the theatre of trees that, one day, Albion fans would be turning up their noses at a home game against Aston Villa because after seven years in the Premier league we’d badly lost form, been knocked out of the Europa league by Roma, had only beaten Palace 4 – 1, had made £120 million profit AND sold our best player for £115 million…. they’d never have believed you.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Probably, but don't want to get in a bad mood before I go and see A Certain Ratio at Concorde 2 in the evening.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The fact we have this thread reflects the fact that our old division 3 mentality, hard core of 4-5 thousand, isn't it lovely down here and we may go out for a smashing walk and possibly a pub lunch, mentality is still alive and well.
Exactly. We only have a hardcore of 25,000 now, it’s distressing

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
This will be my 1st home game since the forest and roma ones. So slipped disc permitting , I will be there for my vegan pie and 5 pints of harveys combo.
May not be an issue for you but Harvey's isn't vegan. Fish derivatives and all that.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
May not be an issue for you but Harvey's isn't vegan. Fish derivatives and all that.
Yep aware of that. Many wines follow the same path for filtering

The moment I get a fish eye or swim bladder in my beer then I will stop :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you’d told any of those bedraggled people drenched under their plastic ponchos down at the theatre of trees that, one day, Albion fans would be turning up their noses at a home game against Aston Villa because after seven years in the Premier league we’d badly lost form, been knocked out of the Europa league by Roma, had only beaten Palace 4 – 1 and sold our best player for £115 million…. they’d never have believed you.
This is true. But folk do adjust to the current climate. It's why I complain that ASDA don't stock rich tea fingers when folk in the world are starving.

That said, it does seem their is a general malaise. I personally think RDZ holds a few keys here with his own personal indifference as to his commitment to the club. It works it's way down to the sub-conscious. I just think folk want to get out of this season for a summer renewal.

The football season itself is quite enjoyable. But I'm looking at all the other league situations and forgetting that Albion are even playing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nope - not going ..... because they moved it at the last fvcking minute. Do the PL not understand it's a BANK HOLIDAY weekend so people will have made arrangements to do other things on what WERE non match days ?? Mrs WS purposely booked Foodie Festival tickets for the Sunday to avoid the SCHEDULED match on the Saturday. There are times I wish we were in the Championship.
Whilst last minute fixture changes are always a ball-ache, we have known for many weeks, that IF Villa - as expected - made it as far as the semi-final of the Conference League, that this game would be moved to the Sunday.

It was confirmed on 18th April, when they beat Lille in the QF.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I actually feel a bit sick now.

Anyway, as to the football, it's only Villa, all bad form comes to an end at some point so I can;t see why it wont be on Sunday.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Villa supporting relative messagewd me trhis morning, they're absolutely raging after last night. Didn't see the game but supposedly some very contentious refereeing decisions went against them. Anyway he said to expect a backlash on Sunday which is worrying considering their absolute dominance of this fixture.
I think he means that the ref saw beyond the diving antics of Watkins and Bailey

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Whilst last minute fixture changes are always a ball-ache, we have known for many weeks, that IF Villa - as expected - made it as far as the semi-final of the Conference League, that this game would be moved to the Sunday.

It was confirmed on 18th April, when they beat Lille in the QF.
Exactly …sounds like the OP is just using it as an excuse for not going.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
To see the villa lose, of course will be there.
May be no Martinez for them. They have to overcome last nights defeat against Olympiakos and focus maybe on next weeks game in hunt of a final. We have not played for a week. Good time to play them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
To see the villa lose, of course will be there.
May be no Martinez for them. They have to overcome last nights defeat against Olympiakos and focus maybe on next weeks game in hunt of a final. We have not played for a week. Good time to play them.
Shame it wasn't after the away leg, but yes a good time to play them.

We should be able to keep it below 6 this time.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If Martinez is out then that does change things a bit. Firstly because he is genuinely a top class keeper and Olsen isn't (I know, cue 4 world class saves on Sunday...) and secondly because he is a leader for them and a massive shithouse. He's like the Argentinian Pickford but not bang average and with trophies to show for it.

Villa's whole set up is based on energy so we must match that as a minimum.

Also I thought Enciso looked quite lively when he came on, he's had another week of training.
Gilmour is back but must wear longer studs.
Just for the love of God RDZ:
* Don't play Barco at left back. I'd go nuts and consider playing him in Solly's position at some point.
Plus
* Play a midfield 2 of Gilmour and Baleba
* Play Gross in the 10 or on the right if Enciso starts
* Play Pedro on the left
* If fit enough then start Enciso in the 10 behind Datman
* DEFINITELY no Lallana for this one

Bart
Veltman Webster Dunk Igor
Gilmour Baleba
Gross Enciso Pedro
Welbeck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports