Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone actually going on Sunday?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Villa supporting relative messagewd me trhis morning, they're absolutely raging after last night. Didn't see the game but supposedly some very contentious refereeing decisions went against them. Anyway he said to expect a backlash on Sunday which is worrying considering their absolute dominance of this fixture.
Any chance Gurjit can infiltrate the Villa camp with his mild STD before Sunday?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Villa supporting relative messagewd me trhis morning, they're absolutely raging after last night. Didn't see the game but supposedly some very contentious refereeing decisions went against them. Anyway he said to expect a backlash on Sunday which is worrying considering their absolute dominance of this fixture.
Meh, with the second leg next Thursday and the knowledge they probably could go there, win and go through, I am not so sure we will see the best squad start, get at them early and in front, I can see the doubts creep in and get frustrated, we have a good chance of pinching a victory here.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
The joys of optimism....haven't scored a goal in about 6 weeks, haven't looked like winning a game in about 3 months, nothing to play for, players on the metaphorical beach.... and playing a team that has the eternal hex over us, and people genuinely think we will "get amongst them." and "pinch a victory" - even if the Villa squad was stranded on the M23 and missed the 1st half I would not be confident about scoring.

Will I be there though? Abso-flipping-lutely.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The joys of optimism....haven't scored a goal in about 6 weeks, haven't looked like winning a game in about 3 months, nothing to play for, players on the metaphorical beach.... and playing a team that has the eternal hex over us, and people genuinely think we will "get amongst them." and "pinch a victory" - even if the Villa squad was stranded on the M23 and missed the 1st half I would not be confident about scoring.
Oh, when you put it like that, I think I might.....

Still go, you never know.

el punal

I will be there ’cos I’m a loyal and dedicated supporter with a glass half full mentality. Every match recently I’ve always been optimistic enough to think we’ll turn in the best performance of the season - the reality, alas, is different. So for this Villa game everything is conspiring to stop me going.

The fixture, originally on the Saturday, would have been ideal but is now on Sunday. Boo! All trains from Southampton are completely screwed as engineering work is taking place every which way resulting in a bus replacement service from Havant to Barnham, ditto Southampton to Basingstoke. Never mind - if I went by train it would take more than SIX hours for the round trip, 60 miles there and 60 back.

I have decided now to drive to Barnham and then catch the train to Brighton with the eternal hope and expectation that Southern don’t f*** it up. There, rant over! :drink:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Meh, with the second leg next Thursday and the knowledge they probably could go there, win and go through, I am not so sure we will see the best squad start, get at them early and in front, I can see the doubts creep in and get frustrated, we have a good chance of pinching a victory here.
Is Martinez still going to be out? If so, we have a (far greater) chance of a result. He would have saved at least two of the four goals Olsen conceded last night.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
It wasn't supposed to be a pop, just a bit disappointing to see quite so many people not bothering - I can't recall seeing this many tickets for a weekend game listed for resale before that's all.

I personally can't wait as ever to get down the Amex, no matter what form we are in or who we are playing. Bring it on.
Fair comment, I’m just sort of overthinking every post on here at the moment

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The main frustration for them is that they are a much better side than Olympiacos. We could reap the whirlwind here. Not only that, the Spurs defeat means they are almost there.

2-0 to the bad guys looks nailed in. And Watkins to score in a one on one. I feel like I've seen the game already.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This will be my 1st home game since the forest and roma ones. So slipped disc permitting , I will be there for my vegan pie and 5 pints of harveys combo.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
It's worked out well for me, Army v Navy rugby tomorrow at Twickenham then Villa at home on Sunday... the alternative is worse, just.......Garden is like a jungle but i keep finding reasons not to do it...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The main frustration for them is that they are a much better side than Olympiacos. We could reap the whirlwind here. Not only that, the Spurs defeat means they are almost there.

2-0 to the bad guys looks nailed in. And Watkins to score in a one on one. I feel like I've seen the game already.

Most fans will be there, the reason we wanted to get into the PL in the first places is to see us pit our wits against PL giants like Villa. Sunday looks too big a mountain for us currently and I just hope we don't get an absolute shellacking.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
If you’d told any of those bedraggled people drenched under their plastic ponchos down at the theatre of trees that, one day, Albion fans would be turning up their noses at a home game against Aston Villa because after seven years in the Premier league we’d badly lost form, been knocked out of the Europa league by Roma, had only beaten Palace 4 – 1 and sold our best player for £115 million…. they’d never have believed you.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nope - not going ..... because they moved it at the last fvcking minute. Do the PL not understand it's a BANK HOLIDAY weekend so people will have made arrangements to do other things on what WERE non match days ?? Mrs WS purposely booked Foodie Festival tickets for the Sunday to avoid the SCHEDULED match on the Saturday. There are times I wish we were in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here