Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody had tingling toes and fingertips?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As it's on the same fingers on both sides, it usually indicates that it's a nerve issue in the neck; possible causes are injury or poor posture. However it's not always the case, I had a problem with numb ring and little fingers in both hands (cubital tunnel syndrome apparently), and this was caused by me leaning on both my elbows for long periods during the day to study engineering drawings etc..

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
As it's on the same fingers on both sides, it usually indicates that it's a nerve issue in the neck; possible causes are injury or poor posture. However it's not always the case, I had a problem with numb ring and little fingers in both hands (cubital tunnel syndrome apparently), and this was caused by me leaning on both my elbows for long periods during the day to study engineering drawings etc..

Muchas gracias

This thread has put my mind at rest :)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
If you modify your attitude, you might get more sympathy from an NHS that has more important things to worry about!

You are right of course. I thought it was simply a case of explaining my symptoms to a health professional, and having them looked into in an equally professional manner. Seems I was wrong though. Silly of me really...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No idea. Two things I am certain of though. The finger tingling and the ankle injury are unrelated and if 111 sent you to A&E with those symptoms it's no fricking wonder that casualty units are collapsing under the strain.

Agreed. They sound unrelated.
Tingling in the fingers is usually a trapped nerve. Sometimes it can be freed by manipulation ( Physio or Chiropractor ) Failing that and the disc is bulging and pressing down on the nerve, there are two courses of action.
1) Steroid injection direct into the nerve. Consultants will usually do this twice or three times max but it is treatment of diminishing return i.e the first injection lasts 9-12 months at best, the second 6-9 months at best and the third, shorter still. It is really just alleviating your discomfort and delaying the inevitable. Which is....
2) An operation.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not suggesting you have this but those were some of the symptoms my mrs had for MS.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Stress can certainly cause these symptoms. I know from direct experience - frightened me to death to think about what might be wrong with me, which only added to the worry, and tingling.

I still get the symptoms in my feet and calves, which is directly related to a whiplash injury and probably poor posture/sports injuries since. It's annoying but I've learned to live with it.

This kind of thing is one of many minor problems that can seem potentially huge if you spend too long on Google.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here