Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Any views on the Government giving out untendered contracts on PPE?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Coronavirus: Spanish businessman paid £21m for help supplying PPE to NHS

A Spanish businessman who helped a US firm with contracts to provide gowns, masks and other protective equipment for NHS workers was paid £21 million in taxpayers’ money.

Gabriel Andersson received the amount from an American jewellery company that despite having no experience of supplying personal protective equipment won a series of contracts with the UK government worth about £250 million.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-spanish-businessman-paid-21m-for-help-supplying-ppe-to-nhs-fv9bxdjrk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Presumably this is your ‘the mods are all Tories and out to get me’ thread. Grow up.

You know what presuming does :wink:. please could you try and answer the question, but I guess you won't :bigwave:

(Please note, I haven't insulted you, been aggressive, confrontational or any of the things you repeatedly claim others do. If you are going to the trouble of posting, please just try and simply answer the subject of the thread rather than insulting others. Thank you)

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

A Spanish businessman who helped a US firm with contracts to provide gowns, masks and other protective equipment for NHS workers was paid £21 million in taxpayers’ money.

Gabriel Andersson received the amount from an American jewellery company that despite having no experience of supplying personal protective equipment won a series of contracts with the UK government worth about £250 million.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-spanish-businessman-paid-21m-for-help-supplying-ppe-to-nhs-fv9bxdjrk

Commie.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You not what presuming does. please could you try and answer the question, but I guess you won't :bigwave:

(Please note, I haven't insulted you, been aggressive, confrontational or any of the things you repeatedly claim others do. If you are going to the trouble of posting, please just try and simply answer the subject of the thread rather than insulting others. Thank you)

I have commented on your thread. You trailed it on the Corbyn thread. It’s not really about the thread title. It is about making a point about moderation on the forum. I asked a rhetorical question as I know the answer.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have commented on your thread. You trailed it on the Corbyn thread. It’s not really about the thread title. It is about making a point about moderation on the forum. I asked a rhetorical question as I know the answer.

Far too clever for me, I just wanted an answer to my question. If you don't want to answer you could just say so. I do appreciate you commenting on my thread though :shrug:

Have a nice evening :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Apparently, it wasn't the only one

£10bn Covid contracts without competitive tender come under scrutiny

https://www.ft.com/content/7bf2fbdc-a26b-476e-a604-fac15ecfc222

Firms given £1bn of state contracts without tender in Covid-19 crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/15/firms-given-1bn-of-state-contracts-without-tender-in-covid-19-crisis

Outsourced and undermined: the COVID-19 windfall for private providers

https://www.bma.org.uk/news-and-opinion/outsourced-and-undermined-the-covid-19-windfall-for-private-providers

Well, who would have thought ???

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

From what I could see the contract was fulfilled. I think it would have been worse if the NHS had gone through a lengthy tendering process with health workers desperate for PPE. The 'price' would have been higher if there was no kit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You know what presuming does :wink:. please could you try and answer the question, but I guess you won't :bigwave:

Bit surpried by that tackle from behind by a poster I respect :eek:

I heard about this on the radio earlier and it sounds like a scandal. Thanks for posting.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
From what I could see the contract was fulfilled. I think it would have been worse if the NHS had gone through a lengthy tendering process with health workers desperate for PPE. The 'price' would have been higher if there was no kit.

The bloke was a middle man. A bit like a football agent. The difference is that any government worth its salt should be able to source and purchase anything. My guess is this will emerge as a scandal, not 'nothing to see here, move along now', albeit the latter is how HMG are spinning it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently, it wasn't the only one

£10bn Covid contracts without competitive tender come under scrutiny

https://www.ft.com/content/7bf2fbdc-a26b-476e-a604-fac15ecfc222

Firms given £1bn of state contracts without tender in Covid-19 crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/15/firms-given-1bn-of-state-contracts-without-tender-in-covid-19-crisis

Outsourced and undermined: the COVID-19 windfall for private providers

https://www.bma.org.uk/news-and-opinion/outsourced-and-undermined-the-covid-19-windfall-for-private-providers

Well, who would have thought ???

Now now. That's enough of your extreme left wing pro-Corbyn and antisemitic propaganda. We know your sort. ???

:facepalm: :lolol: :thumbsup:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes its bent everyone knows this. Exactly who and how I don't have the info for but either the process is open to abuse or those adjudicating are either way its a scandal and responsible cabinet minsters or the entire government should go because of it. Doubt it'll happen though

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Presumably this is your ‘the mods are all Tories and out to get me’ thread. Grow up.

I think it’s commonly thought that the present government is handing out contracts at a ridiculous rate to friends and supporters for things they have no track record on. Grow up yourself, maybe, or accept that other people think differently.
#chumocracy #jobsfortheboys

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The bloke was a middle man. A bit like a football agent. The difference is that any government worth its salt should be able to source and purchase anything. My guess is this will emerge as a scandal, not 'nothing to see here, move along now', albeit the latter is how HMG are spinning it.

Agree, with the addition that any government worth it’s salt would have foreseen the need, or would have been prepared for a pandemic even before one was threatened, let alone happened,

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think it’s commonly thought that the present government is handing out contracts at a ridiculous rate to friends and supporters for things they have no track record on. Grow up yourself, maybe, or accept that other people think differently.
#chumocracy #jobsfortheboys

I haven’t expressed a view on the stated title of the thread so why would you think I disagree with the OP ? I don’t. I was simply pointing out the actual reason for the existence of this thread and the OP’s ongoing crusade against his perceived victimization by the mods. Try understanding the context and read the Corbyn thread. Or don’t.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven’t expressed a view on the stated title of the thread so why would you think I disagree with the OP ? I don’t. I was simply pointing out the actual reason for the existence of this thread and the OP’s ongoing crusade against his perceived victimization by the mods. Try understanding the context and read the Corbyn thread. Or don’t.

Mate, that isn't the case.

I took a peek at the bear pit yesterday and flagged two threads that were quite harmless, no abuse or anything, and asked why there were there. I think [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] did the same. May have been different threads. Not even sure what they were about, now. I think you are reading into this things that aren't there. The OP says so, and he's no track record of lies or bullshit :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here