Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Any Tory Party members on this board who will admit to voting for Boris?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Was a decent Mayor & spearheading the London Olympics

:lolol:

Boris was only responsible for two things to do with Olympics.

He allowed a Tory donor to sponsor the games and build an out of place incongruous monument that serves no other purpose than being an advert for his company.

After the games he made himself chair of the London Legacy Development Corporation and personally managed the deal with West Ham.

As London Mayor he wasted millions on a bridge that was never built, polluted the air with a bus that was supposed to be hybrid, plans for a airport that can never be built and then there were the water cannons.

( and the bikes weren't his idea )

If that is "decent" and "spearheading" I think we have different definitions of the words.

Boris does like spending taxpayers money, so I'll give him that. His vanity spending and the post Olympic stadium conversion (we paid for that) was recently totaled up at £939.7 million.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Does anyone ever think, what exactly is going on?

Boris Johnson in No 10
Trump in the White House
Extreme right doing well electorally wherever you look
Leaving the European union!

Five years ago, Obama in the White House, Cameron was PM (and OK, his reputation is blown since the disastrous events of 2016, but apart from that he was just a competent, if typically, heartless Tory with his worst impulses checked by his coalition partners). The idea of actually going through with leaving the EU would have been laughable. The leader of the oppositions “unelectability” was caused by bacon sandwiches rather than allegations of his parties antisemitism. Again, 5 years ago, even if you didn’t support the political figure, they were at least sensible, serious people who would be held to the words that they say

Five years ago, the biggest news was the odd flood or earthquake somewhere.

How have we got here? Why has the world veered so dramatically in such a short space of time?

Extreme right doing well electorally wherever you look
Define 'Extreme right doing well' and where?

Cameron was PM (and OK, his reputation is blown since the disastrous events of 2016, but apart from that he was just a competent, if typically, heartless Tory with his worst impulses checked by his coalition partners)
He didn't have a coalition in 2016.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Yes I voted for Boris. Think he will be a good Prime Minister & bring a smile to the nation. Was a decent Mayor & spearheading the London Olympics

I think the plans for the Olympics had already started, he just inherited them and was mayor on completion date.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I voted for him and I’m proud to see he has started so strongly. He is going to be great for the UK.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A Good debut at the commons !

It says something about the state of the country that a PM standing up for democracy and having a belief that the Uk can prosper in any decision it makes seems new and different. The forces determined to undermine our democracy and rubbish our country have been enjoying the last few years hopefully the new PM can bring them down a peg or two.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
hopefully the new PM can bring them [people who rubbish the UK] down a peg or two.

I think the EU will bring Boris down a peg or two. Let’s see who wins.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Which ethnic group is this?
I think it might say say more about your prejudices.

Yeah maybe, I may have misconstrued its meaning. I thought it was an insult aimed at white people with whom someone disagrees. Rather than engage in debate, instead they are dismissed with a reference to their skin colour. Feel free to put me right but otherwise I reckon you are a racist.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah maybe, I may have misconstrued its meaning. I thought it was an insult aimed at white people with whom someone disagrees. Rather than engage in debate, instead they are dismissed with a reference to their skin colour. Feel free to put me right but otherwise I reckon you are a racist.

Yes, it says more about you.
You're referring to gammon Are you offended when you see gammon in a shop? It must be difficult for you. The butcher is racist, this shop is racist, that shop is racist.

Neville can be used as a derogatory term. I think you might a racist. You are certainly not a reader of Dickens.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, it says more about you.
You're referring to gammon Are you offended when you see gammon in a shop? It must be difficult for you. The butcher is racist, this shop is racist, that shop is racist.

Neville can be used as a derogatory term. I think you might a racist. You are certainly not a reader of Dickens.

Nice swerve. Gammon in butchers is not used as a derogatory term.
It’s a new one on me so when I saw it used on NSC a couple of times I looked it up;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gammon_(insult)

It’s only used about one race so don’t be surprised to be called out on it.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here