Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any tips on growing grass?

D

Deleted member 2719

I am a rip it up and start again man also but i would like to know what caused these patches, dry patch, disease, animals, compaction or chemical spills.

If you got a bitch, ditch her.

if it's under the garden swing in front of the shed or near a washing line, maybe some plastic reinforcement is needed as a preventative.

Over fertilization is common, maybe a better spreader or lumpy fertilizer or poor application.

Sorry if i stated the obvious not sure how into the green stuff you are.

There are many reasons can you be more descriptive about these patches???

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
You can keep spending a lot of money every year on weed and feed(3 in 1) the moss and weeds come back every year, then you need to aerate it and scarifying to stop the weeds and moss and water it and cut on a regular basis. Then the cats and dog foxes shit on it and it will piss you off.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Rake it in October, scatter grass seed, all lovely my May. There's no rush.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Firstly, you need to find out what's causing the brown patches. Could a dog be wee'ing on it ? Might be chaffer grubs or leatherjackets (daddy-long-legs larvae) eating the roots. A photo would help.

Personally, i buy a small bag of grass seed and thinly go over the entire lawn with it every fortnight for a couple of months. Keep well watered and mow weekly and soon you'll have a lovely, lush lawn

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Firstly, you need to find out what's causing the brown patches. Could a dog be wee'ing on it ? Might be chaffer grubs or leatherjackets (daddy-long-legs larvae) eating the roots. A photo would help.

Personally, i buy a small bag of grass seed and thinly go over the entire lawn with it every fortnight for a couple of months. Keep well watered and mow weekly and soon you'll have a lovely, lush lawn

i'd back this up..and can give u a quote to mow it after lol

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Nice one, good people are talking about it in a positive way after the past 6 months. The garden's looking absolutely stunning at the moment

If anyone's interested...please have a look and post some comments https://www.facebook.com/PrestonRockGarden
I visit this garden on a regular basis, and have to say, it seems to have got better and better over the last three years or so. Keep up the good work!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here