Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any tips for pubs, cafés and restaurants in Eastbourne?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Rather live in Eastbourne than Brighton. Yeah Brighton has way more to offer in clubs, pubs, bars and restaurants. Love going for the day and evening but to actually live there.... Nah.

Agreed - lived in Brighton for 30 years and now live in Eastbourne. Prefer visiting Brighton to living there.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Thanks a lot for all of the recommendations - fish and chips plus Indian places seem decided.

to those on the thread slating Eastbourne, the Austrian kids I teach go to London and Eastbourne for a language trip every year. The vast majority come home and tell me that they preferred their time in Eastbourne to London - it must have something to offer.

Brighton normally gets a mixed reaction with the most common complaint being that it looks dirty.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Because I typed in Eastbourne pier on google and that popped up and I thought ok that will do, however Worthing & Eastbourne much the same.

Just shows what you know about Eastbourne. Generalise the population as all old. You could not be more wrong. Never mind.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I recommend Yummy Noodle Bar , great food and the wife works there..........so leave a big tip , as we have half a thai village to pay for !!!

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
My favourite Indian is Imli, better quality ingredients, great staff & you can watch the cooks doing their bit through a big window.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
there is a great coffee shop called Beanzz on Grove Rd. Awesome coffee and sandwiches

This x100

They have their own blends of beans which are amazing. The owner is completely obsessed with quality and in my opinion their house blend is better than Red Roaster's.

And the food is great. Get a toasted white ciabatta with something in. It's my favourite cafe in the world probably.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Too difficult to amble/ramble to the NT cafe at Birling Gap?

It's on our schedule. I look forward to having to cattle prod some of the lazier kids along.

I'm enjoying how this thread is descending into an Eastbourne v Worthing debate!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My wife thinks that Eastbourne is a good shopping area, not tried any pubs or restaurants but if my memory is correct it is a case of the nearer the seafront the cafes are much more expensive, which I suppose I understandable. Parking is poor snd expensive in Eastbourne also.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My wife thinks that Eastbourne is a good shopping area, not tried any pubs or restaurants but if my memory is correct it is a case of the nearer the seafront the cafes are much more expensive, which I suppose I understandable. Parking is poor snd expensive in Eastbourne also.

There's on street parking just a few hundred yards from the town centre. All the seafront is free until April.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here