Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Southern Rail employees on here ?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I keep on re sending emails to their complaints section - they owe me some money which I want back ASAP
Any suggestions as to an e mail address which is actually monitored or the name of someone who might be prepared to take some responsibility ?

Thanks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I keep on re sending emails to their complaints section - they owe me some money which I want back ASAP
Any suggestions as to an e mail address which is actually monitored or the name of someone who might be prepared to take some responsibility ?

Thanks

Why not mail the managing director

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A tweet to [MENTION=16021]South[/MENTION]ernRailUK will get a response , a rant in the twittersphere is bad publicity which they are keen to avoid.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If its for a refund then you may have a wait as a new system is being introduced

Is that the one where no-one gets a refund ?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I emailed them about a month ago about something and I only got the reply today. And it wasn't even a very helpful reply and they avoided what I said.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Yes - I've done that.
Am awaiting their response - don't know how long to give it though

If you post a link to the tweet you could get a load of Northstandchat members to re-tweet it. That should get them to get a wiggle on.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Thanks

Why not call them. I know one of my commuting chums calls them every day when he's due a delay-repay cheque

Princes Bold

Nov 14, 2012
I keep getting the same answer, REFUND REQUEST DENIED, CLAIM MADE AFTER 28 DAYS

I sent the last one special delivery, I have full track and trace, I have the name of the person who signed for it the next day.

Still get, REFUND REQUEST DENIED, CLAIM MADE AFTER 28 DAYS

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I keep getting the same answer, REFUND REQUEST DENIED, CLAIM MADE AFTER 28 DAYS

I sent the last one special delivery, I have full track and trace, I have the name of the person who signed for it the next day.

Still get, REFUND REQUEST DENIED, CLAIM MADE AFTER 28 DAYS

Why on earth are you sending it by post?

When my last refund was late I rang them up. As an apology they upped my compensation from £8 to £20.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If I need to complain I always write to the chief executive, they are usually surrounded by people telling them how great they are and how well the company is doing so they treat complaints seriously.
the feller you want is
Chris Burchell
Go Ahead House
26-28 Addiscombe Road
Croydon
CR9 5GA

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
If I need to complain I always write to the chief executive, they are usually surrounded by people telling them how great they are and how well the company is doing so they treat complaints seriously.
the feller you want is
Chris Burchell
Go Ahead House
26-28 Addiscombe Road
Croydon
CR9 5GA

Just email him, I got a response a few years back, seemed to be pleasant and reasonable - just don't be rude.

chris.burchell@southernrailway.com

He is also on Linked In.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Just email him, I got a response a few years back, seemed to be pleasant and reasonable - just don't be rude.

chris.burchell@southernrailway.com

He is also on Linked In.

Out of interest, did the response come from him ? I imagine very few Chief Execs see any of their mails, unless they specifically want to, their PA would do it, if it even got that far.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Out of interest, did the response come from him ? I imagine very few Chief Execs see any of their mails, unless they specifically want to, their PA would do it, if it even got that far.

Come on spill the beans we want to know what he said.........

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Come on spill the beans we want to know what he said.........

Directly from him yes. It was all a little embarrassing as I sent him a rant in pure frustration of another delayed service and late night home, and when he responded directly I didn't expect it.

He is a regular commuter and I've seen him on the train a number of times.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Directly from him yes. It was all a little embarrassing as I sent him a rant in pure frustration of another delayed service and late night home, and when he responded directly I didn't expect it.

He is a regular commuter and I've seen him on the train a number of times.

I know, gets of at Haywards Heath normally

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I've not had a problem with Southern Rail (apart from poor trains and service but at least not with their customer service). I'm getting my second duplicate in 12 months (learning disability means i'm prone to losing such things) and a gentleman named Rob in the duplicates department has been fantastic. They lost the print out of my form. Rob said he'd not only have it ready for collection on Saturday but also waiver the £20 fee. Fantastic stuff :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here