Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any software developers out there who can help ...

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
In my experience Agile doesn't work in big blue chips. For sure you can develop a fairly basic wizzy new front end, but the minute you try and make it speak to clunky old backend mainframe systems, the venerable and cynical old lags with zero in the way of social skills or dress sense who maintain those ancient systems want nothing to do with the cards and the cuddly toys and the cowboy code and will, probably.correctly, not play ball and end up sabotaging the endeavour.

Good plan! Let's let the saboteurs win, who needs progress anyway?

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Betrand Meyer's book "Agile!" is worth reading, even if you find an agile methodology works well for you.

The problems I've seen around agile working seem to be that most people seem to need a set of rules to follow, a tool to implement them, and the ability to check that people are doing what they should be. Contrast that against how it started: a bunch of smart developers who were pissed off by being told what to do, how to do it, and the process they must follow. Meanwhile they knew they could get things to work better if they were given the freedom to do what they stated in the agile manifesto.

Alo entertaining to watch are Erik Meijer's talks... such as reported in the Register: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/0...ancer_we_have_to_eliminate_from_the_industry/

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
..this isn't a BG plea for technical assistance. This is a bit off-beat for NSC but I know there are a few software bods out there so someone may be able to help. Trying to source someone is certainly taking my mind off Derby

I'm writing an article about software teams who have looked to move to an Agile/DevOps environment but found it wasn't for them. Is there anybody out there who's been in this boat who can talk about it? (preferably using your name but I could accept an anonymous contributor). The article is for The Register BTW
Currently in that exact scenario.. sort of. Sogmatic Agile approach killing velocity. Pm me for more.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here