Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Sky Sports at Disney?

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Are you incapable of taking your kids on holiday without watching football, numpty. I bet they've asked you if they can have dinner, and to sit down and watch the game haven't they. There are loads of other activities there not involving football and television which are still happening at that time of day. Build all of your time around the kids. Your sporting obsessions can wait. Twitter and Sky+ are suitable alternatives.

Having brought up two young kids to be very happy, well travelled and both doing well in school, I do hope you'll forgive me for asking you to stick your parenting advice up your arse and concentrate on yourself. We shall enjoy a lovely family holiday, and I'm sure the French social services will allow a 90 minute break for football. Sorry Walt Disney for not fully consuming myself with Disney 24/7. Oh despicable me!

i do hope the kids will be able to forgive me in the future?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Are you incapable of taking your kids on holiday without watching football, numpty. I bet they've asked you if they can have dinner, and to sit down and watch the game haven't they. There are loads of other activities there not involving football and television which are still happening at that time of day. Build all of your time around the kids. Your sporting obsessions can wait. Twitter and Sky+ are suitable alternatives.

c**tish and deluded to say the least :wozza:

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Having brought up two young kids to be very happy, well travelled and both doing well in school, I do hope you'll forgive me for asking you to stick your parenting advice up your arse and concentrate on yourself. We shall enjoy a lovely family holiday, and I'm sure the French social services will allow a 90 minute break for football. Sorry Walt Disney for not fully consuming myself with Disney 24/7. Oh despicable me!

i do hope the kids will be able to forgive me in the future?
I'm delighted to hear that your kids are doing so well. I hope that you enjoy your holiday notwithstanding that your first reaction to finding that a game had been rearranged was to post on NSC in blind panic. The French authorities took so long to pick up the teacher and the schoolgirl, that I'd have no confidence in any of their services. So as long as it's only 90 minutes mind....! Have a good holiday 16.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Jesus Christ what an over reaction. Getreal are you a social worker? Or just a nut job?

You do read the papers? Social workers are usually topical for paying scant attention to kids rather than my comment which you think was ott. This a forum so I've expressed an opinion. If you saw the last post, you couldn't fail to see that the original poster was getting deserved credit for an amusing and assertive post.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
You do read the papers? Social workers are usually topical for paying scant attention to kids rather than my comment which you think was ott. This a forum so I've expressed an opinion. If you saw the last post, you couldn't fail to see that the original poster was getting deserved credit for an amusing and assertive post.

I rest my case. It's the later.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think the OP will need a sit down and relax watching football after a long day in the Disney park, I was shattered after spending a day walking around and waiting for rides.
The beer is very expensive though in the bars just outside the park.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
I think the OP will need a sit down and relax watching football after a long day in the Disney park, I was shattered after spending a day walking around and waiting for rides.
The beer is very expensive though in the bars just outside the park.
Absolutely. With the extra parts added since it was opened in the early nineties, somewhere, somehow, you have to recharge the batteries.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
To actually answer the original question.....the sports bar in Disney Village was showing France v Australia and England game Friday night, yesterday, when I went to Planet Hollywood for lunch they had sky sports on the big screen at the bar with Rugby on. So yes, you will be able to find somewhere to watch it.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
The ESPN club out at Boardwalk used to show SkySportsNews but I haven't seen live football there.

Your best bet close to Disney is to try the Orlando Ale House or Buffalo Wild Wings out on I535 at Crossroads. I'd call ahead first to check as if there is any US sport that will take preference (I'm not sure when the baseball play-offs are on)

Failing that, if you head up onto I-Drive or down into Kissimmee there are a few English Pubs that usually show the matches.

I was going to start a thread on this at some stage as im heading to Florida next Wednesday and will be missing the match, was hoping to find somewhere to watch it and will take this information in the hope of finding a bar

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you are taking your kids to Disney, and are aching to find a television showing the Albion match, you really shouldn't have had kids.

Take the advice of your own name.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If you are taking your kids to Disney, and are aching to find a television showing the Albion match, you really shouldn't have had kids.

If that's a valid reason to not have kids I wonder what else should exclude you?

I once swore at a cat, that was pretty out of order.

What about bunking the train?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Crikey mate. The Albion. It's not like I suggested he was Gerry McCann or anything like that.

:whistle:
I knew this would get a reaction from you, which is what you wanted from your first post!!
Glad you support The ALBION anyway as it wasn't obvious.
And nice to see that you found your sense of humour in the end.:smile:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I was going to start a thread on this at some stage as im heading to Florida next Wednesday and will be missing the match, was hoping to find somewhere to watch it and will take this information in the hope of finding a bar

Exactly this!!! Over to you Bozza? What would be the best venue up I-drive?

just a quick non Albion related Disney tip. Get your Beer/crisps/snacks/milk etc at the Railway station shop (its handy, its just near the entrance) I think it shuts at half seven. It's not cheap, a can of beer is about £1.80 but it'll cost you £3.95 in the hotel shop.

Jul 7, 2003
Exactly this!!! Over to you Bozza? What would be the best venue up I-drive?

The cricketers is the longest standing of the I-drive pubs but there are a few now. Need to remember that I-drive is a very long road so if you want a drink you may need to jump on the trolleybus to get back to your hotel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here