Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any recommendations on good tribute bands worth watching?

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
I would try the actual bands.

I have to agree. Sex Pistols and the Specials were unbelievably good. The former because they played better than ever (not old enough to comment), the latter just an hour and half of happy smiling dancing people. A very strange leaving, as London and the country has moved on and you forget why it meant so much at the time. And then you get home put the songs on again and remember. Some people say never go back, sometimes you really should.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
I Have only seen Think Floyd(twice) who were quite good. Any other bands? The Who,Madness,Oasis would very much appeal to me.

Saw the Railing Stains down the Old Steine about 15 years ago, they were pretty good back then - no idea whether they're still gigging though

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Going to see the Small Fakers and Who's Who at Concorde 2 in Brighton on Friday night. It's Quadropenia which we saw The Who play in June at O2. Despite what one earlier poster said WW are great live. Should be a good night.

See ya there. Can't wait

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Bootleg Beatles - they are absolutely fantastic!

This

I don't know if they are still going, but the illegal eagles were brilliant too?

Flex Your Head

Judith Priest - one woman band playing tribute to Rob Halford's rock legends.

Tristan Of a Down -middle-class one man band palying tribute to the metal legends.

Jeff Leppard - one-armed one man band palying tribute to the soft rock legends.

Jack Sabbath - one man band palying tribute to the Ozzy's legends

Ron Jovi - one man band palying tribute to the dull legends

By Jovi - Soft rock performed in the style of Ken Dodd

Banjovi - one man band palying tribute to the dull legends in a hillbilly stylee

Brian Maiden - one man band palying tribute to the metal legends

Fred Zeppelin one man ban... hold on, there really was a band called Fred Zeppelin

Dean Purple one man band playing tribute to the old rockers.

And so on.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hayseed Dixie are playing Ropetackle in November, great band and they've moved on a bit from being just a tribute band, they have recorded other acts music, and written and recorded their own music too.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here