Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any project managers out there?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
What tools do you use? MS Project 2007?

Can you publish timelines etc on a intranet page etc?

Any advice most appreciated.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i still use excel to timetable stuff :lolol: :dunce:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Hannibal smith said:
I use MS Project - What do you want to know?

Basically I'm going to be heading up a project soon. At the moment we curently have NOTHING in the way of project management! I want to change this. What I want to be able to do is offer our american friends complete visability into how it is going. I've used MS Project in the past but only dabbling really. Can you host the information it generats on a web page for example?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Lammy said:
Basically I'm going to be heading up a project soon. At the moment we curently have NOTHING in the way of project management! I want to change this. What I want to be able to do is offer our american friends complete visability into how it is going. I've used MS Project in the past but only dabbling really. Can you host the information it generats on a web page for example?

I'm sure you can (although I don't know how). For example in the Programme I run the PM's export thier plans to Excel which is automatically converted into a weekly status report based on what is in the plan (all to do with Earned Value). The Problem with MS Project is that it is a very powerful tool but nobody really knows how to use it properly as it is so unuser freindly and its next to useless without Service Pack 2 on it.

I'll ask our planner and PM you. I'm sure he will know about the web page. He knows EVERYTHING to do with MSP.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Alternatively look at Project Server. You'll need a server with SQL running on it. The SAMS book Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 Unleased is well worth buying to get going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here