Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any players worth a look from the relegated teams ?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I have to say after last weekend Chris Wood got added to my shopping trolley

If Burnley get a striker in I would show a bit of interest

I know we say we go for young and untried but if we’re going to be properly established we need a lot more goals and wins next season

There’s only one person putting his hand in his pocket so I’m not going to argue with what he buys though

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Might as well mention Mitrovic as it’s traditional.

Strong
Outlet
Skilful
Presence in the air
Knows how to score

£25M I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Note the if. He'd be cheap and is not for the long term. He'd do a job, and the qualities I outlined are what we need. Mitrovic, on the other hand, would be very expensive, and he doesn't have the mobility or work rate that Potter requires.

Why would Mitrovic be very expensive? He cost Fulham £22M - about the same as we paid for Maupay(?) - Fulham are going down (almost certainly) and Mitrovic hasn't enhanced his reputation in the PL this season with his 2 goals from 25 games.
If we sold Maupay in the summer, would we expect to make a profit? - no, very unlikely, so Fulham won't be any different. They might want a lot, but you don't always get what you want .............

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Why would Mitrovic be very expensive? He cost Fulham £22M - about the same as we paid for Maupay(?) - Fulham are going down (almost certainly) and Mitrovic hasn't enhanced his reputation in the PL this season with his 2 goals from 25 games.
If we sold Maupay in the summer, would we expect to make a profit? - no, very unlikely, so Fulham won't be any different. They might want a lot, but you don't always get what you want .............

But why would we sell a player who has scored more (probably missed more as well) but who fits into the Potter style of play.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nah. Not a fan of buying relegated players to begin with.

Mitrovic is always touted around here, I don’t really see the appeal tbh. Would rather take a punt on more South American talent or promote from within our club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure I'd take any of Fulham's players over what we already have.

Pereira and Maitland-Niles from West Brom, Berge from the Blades are the best of a poor crop in the bottom 3.

I'd happily take Wilson, Fraser, St Maximin,, Willock just from Newcastle.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Robinson is a good player. Good age. Looks hungry. Very much a WB rather than a FB but given the injury to Solly he'd defintely add to the squad.
WBA do have some decent youngsters, especially defenders but nothing to get that excited about.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You should never ever sign a player from a team that has been relegated and, if you're in any doubt, Pascal Gross is THE exception that proves the rule.

I'm starting to think Pascal was even more of a bargain than Gary Hart :eek:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The new signings, when they come, will obviously be players from other leagues who we've not heard of

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm not saying we would. Did you not notice the 'if'? - I was using it as a hypothetical example.

I did notice the 'if' and I get you were not suggesting it. All I was doing was re-enforcing the point by saying it shouldn't even be an 'if'. A lot of people are writing him off when we could have a lot worse , yes we could improve as well but to me its keep him and bring in another and let's be clear there is no guarantee we get an improvement. Rodrigi (?) for Leeds has done little , Brewster has done nothing not to name the big name failures of Haller and JoeLinton.....

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No. They are even worse than us for a reason.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Lookman and Reed from Fulham. The latter more because he’s a local lad and if Bis is off, he could do a job in that defensive midfielder position.

Baldock from Sheffield to offer cover for Lamptey (even if Veltman has done a great job filling in in that role).

And Pereira of West Brom.

The main jigsaw piece we need is a striker and I don’t honk any of the teams below have what we are looking for in that department.

Succinctly put....

Our striker will come from abroad or Oldham. I just know.....

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here