Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any players worth a look from the relegated teams ?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Almost a perennial discussion - Mitrovic ...........................

His goals record in the PL is distinctly lower than in the Championship, but with the chances we create, would he actually take a substantial proportion of them? Wouldn't cost a fortune, I don't think, and (surprising to me) he's only 26, so still time to improve.

I agree with you completely!

When he’s given a chance and he’s up for it he’ll score!

Five in three for Serbia recently.

He just needs a chance and a bit of love, I think he’d work well with Maupay but it’s likely to end in a punch up between them at some point though

Definite yes from me

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Mitrovic
Johnson
Berge
Perrira
Lookman
Maja

Would all improve the squad and some the team but only marginally. Not sure any of them will be of interest to us except maybe Maja with the demise of Bordeaux he may be cheap or even free. Berge would too to be fair but I think he's off to a bigger club.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I see a few have mentioned Mitrovic. He does not strike me as a Potter player but would offer something different, as the cliche goes.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mitrovic is only 26?

Blimey.

I’d’ve said 30/31 easily if asked. He seems to have been around for ages, and feels like he’s entering the latter days of his career!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Maja, Lookman and Mitrovic from Fulham look good so any one from that three

I don’t fancy anyone from West Brom or Sheffield United if I’m honest I’d rather take a punt on Toney but you’d get a better deal on Mitrovic I reckon

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I imagine RB Leipzig would be willing to part with Lookman, but can’t see Brighton spending on him. Asking price won’t be cheap + I don’t think he’ll improve the squad.

Boyle from United and Pereira from WBA are my picks!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Almost a perennial discussion - Mitrovic ...........................

His goals record in the PL is distinctly lower than in the Championship, but with the chances we create, would he actually take a substantial proportion of them? Wouldn't cost a fortune, I don't think, and (surprising to me) he's only 26, so still time to improve.

mmm My sort of player is Aleksandar Mitrivic . . . the big problem is, he isn't Graham Potter's

Big and strong, knows where the goal is, a stereotypical number 9 really. Just not mobile enough to fit into our current set up perhaps.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Think that's a good call. If Tony doesn't want to spend a fortune on a striker, we could do a lot worse than him. Solid pro, outstanding work rate, holds the ball up, good in the air, just about knows where the goal is.

As commented earlier, he’s 33.
The recent goal tally is poor too - 7 this season, not too shabby given where they are, but only 2 last season in their good first season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The only two premier league players we have signed lately are Welbeck and Lallana.

Sabchez, Lamptey, Webster, Dunk, White, March, Veltman, Bissouma, Gross, MacAllister, Trossard, Moder, Alzate, Caecido, Connolly, Maupay, Zeqiri, all had no premier league experience when we signed them.

I'm not sure we'll do that much shopping from the relegated Premier league teams and that isn't where we should be looking. (disclaimer - Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results :wink:)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As commented earlier, he’s 33.
The recent goal tally is poor too - 7 this season, not too shabby given where they are, but only 2 last season in their good first season.

Note the if. He'd be cheap and is not for the long term. He'd do a job, and the qualities I outlined are what we need. Mitrovic, on the other hand, would be very expensive, and he doesn't have the mobility or work rate that Potter requires.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Note the if. He'd be cheap and is not for the long term. He'd do a job, and the qualities I outlined are what we need. Mitrovic, on the other hand, would be very expensive, and he doesn't have the mobility or work rate that Potter requires.

Be amazed if either player was of interest to us to be fair. We’ve probably got our eyes on some raw exciting striking talent whose tearing up in the 3rd division of the Tanzanian version of the Isthmian league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here