Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any one else having difficulty ....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This works: Brighton Racecourse Covid booking line on 0300 303 8060.

My asthmatic daughter, 7 months past her second jab, was collectively turned for her booster by:
- The Hitler-esque telephonist at our GP’s;
- Dopes answering calls on the 119 number; and
- https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination wouldn’t accept that she was due a booster.

The GP’s and 119 people tried to fob me off, they couldn’t understand how an asthmatic 16 year old would even be eligible :dunce: :dunce:. So why did the NHS correctly come to us last winter?

Turns out to bypass that crap, call 0300 303 8060. Job done, booster next Wednesday.

Why the wildly disparate systems? My NHS employee wife said “welcome to inefficient NHS!”.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What?

I assume that's a rhetorical question.

Errr .... no. Apparently you have to have the same jab for your second one that you had for your first. Mrs WS has Moderna for her first so must have it for her second. At the moment, according to 119 the closest place to do Moderna is Birmingham. Unless of course you mean the race course in Birmingham ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Errr .... no. Apparently you have to have the same jab for your second one that you had for your first. Mrs WS has Moderna for her first so must have it for her second. At the moment, according to 119 the closest place to do Moderna is Birmingham. Unless of course you mean the race course in Birmingham ?

“Please note that the Moderna vaccine is only available at the Brighton Churchill Square and two pharmacy services: Laycocks in Hastings (TN35 5BL) and Kamsons in Brighton (BN2 4GB)”.

https://www.sussexhealthandcare.uk/keepsussexsafe/sussex-covid-19-vaccination-programme/first-and-second-vaccinations/walk-in-vaccination-sessions/

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
... getting a second Moderna Covid jab ?

Ask because the NHS and doctors have been useless for Mrs WS.

She's due a second jab and when trying to book it comes up as no local places available .... please try again later. Trying every day for three weeks but still no availability. Phones 119 to ask why and apparently you have to have the same second jab as your first but they have no idea why she can't book it. They'll get back to her in 5 days. No call back so Mrs WS phones again to be told she'll need to go to Birmingham or Sheffield to get it or phone her doctor. So she phones a chemist in Bevendean that was doing it to be told they they have stopped using it and even pops into Churchill Square drop in clinic to be told they will no longer do it. Phones her doctor to be told that she should phone 119.

Yet the government and NHS want us all double jabbed !!!!!

Need to be double jabbed to get to France this New Year.

Out of interest when did she have her first jab. My 16 year old daughter had her second jab last Saturday so wouldn’t Mrs W have been entitled to have had both her jabs already? And why is it the Doctors fault, as they only administer the vaccines based on what they are given?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
“Please note that the Moderna vaccine is only available at the Brighton Churchill Square and two pharmacy services: Laycocks in Hastings (TN35 5BL) and Kamsons in Brighton (BN2 4GB)”.

https://www.sussexhealthandcare.uk/keepsussexsafe/sussex-covid-19-vaccination-programme/first-and-second-vaccinations/walk-in-vaccination-sessions/

Thank you but I suspect that page is out of date as both Churchill Square and Kamsons are both saying they've stopped using Moderna. Hastings is a bit of a pig to get to and she gets a list of zero places when trying to book so I suspect they've stopped using it as well.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Out of interest when did she have her first jab. My 16 year old daughter had her second jab last Saturday so wouldn’t Mrs W have been entitled to have had both her jabs already? And why is it the Doctors fault, as they only administer the vaccines based on what they are given?

I don't exactly know when her first one was - she had it late for various reasons - but tried to book the second the moment she got the text. I'm not saying it's the doctors fault - only highlighting how disjointed the NHS is "Well you need to phone your doctor" from 119 followed by "You need to phone 119" from the doctor.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are having the same trouble getting a booster jab. Nothing local. We do not run a car so must rely on public transport from newhaven.

Racecourse. 12 to Rottingdean then 2 up to the Racecourse. Quayside practice use the Racecourse centre.

Phone number in post 18

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
My asthmatic daughter, 7 months past her second jab, was collectively turned for her booster by:
- The Hitler-esque telephonist at our GP’s;
- Dopes answering calls on the 119 number; and
- https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination wouldn’t accept that she was due a booster.

The GP’s and 119 people tried to fob me off, they couldn’t understand how an asthmatic 16 year old would even be eligible :dunce: :dunce:. So why did the NHS correctly come to us last winter?

Turns out to bypass that crap, call 0300 303 8060. Job done, booster next Wednesday.

Why the wildly disparate systems? My NHS employee wife said “welcome to inefficient NHS!”.

Terrible NHS. Why dont we throw more money at it

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So Mrs WS finally managed to book her second Moderna jab at Clare Hall in Haywards Heath for the first week of December. Now cancelled because they have none. After a few days of trying she then managed to book one at Churchill Square for this week ... now cancelled because they have none. Now booked for East Grinstead for later this week ... I wonder if that will get cancelled. Utter shambles !!!!! Yet the government want everyone double jabbed ... pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here