Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any News Relating to Football Matters

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I suspect that, and this is mere speculation on my part, we will be struggling to retain Ince and Dunk when the Premiership or Championship clubs awash with parachute dosh, and greedy agents, come calling. I know it's early doors but I really am worried about or inability to say "no" and our inability to recruit due to our general lack of financial competitiveness .... this is not a recepie for success.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"There will be no parade to celebrate Norwich City's Premier League return because the players "need to go on holiday", the club has said."

:jester:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I suspect that, and this is mere speculation on my part, we will be struggling to retain Ince and Dunk when the Premiership or Championship clubs awash with parachute dosh, and greedy agents, come calling. I know it's early doors but I really am worried about or inability to say "no" and our inability to recruit due to our general lack of financial competitiveness .... this is not a recepie for success.

One bad summer transfer window and we have taken action and replaced the people responsible for that, yet there is still doubting going on about the club and what we can / will be able to do.

How about let them get on with it and show a little faith?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good to see NSC is being positive as usual. Still 5 weeks until we can actually sign anyone isn't it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We can sign players now, but any transfer of registration from another club cannot go through until July 1st.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
As someone pointed out on a recent thread, players are under contract with their old club until the 30th of June, so any players being released will be unavailable to sign until then.

The Premier League teams will publish their retained players list very soon (next week or so?) so most clubs will hold fire until they know who is available (why buy someone if you can get a better player in a couple of weeks time for free?)

Have patience, it's still very early yet.

'If you can keep your head, whilst all about are losing theirs and blaming it on you'

I truly believe that the Brighton fans were very patient last year with the appointment of Sammi and number of players brought in on free, out of contract and strange knee jerk signings.AS the Amex years roll on we are getting to better understand the thinking of those who run our club and as such there should be 'cause for concern'. Without any information or inside knowledge, it feels to me that there is not a lot of money for new player signings and we are likely to see a similar situation to last
year, where the so called and much derided 'bedwetters' view of the situation came to fruition. I'm not worried, its only football, but intrigued to so what transpires this summer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm worried. This summer's window is vital to our club's future. We ****ed-up big time last summer. We cannot afford to do so again.

If the lickers would just stop telling the bedwetters (who were proved 100% correct last summer) to be patient, that would make things a lot better on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Indeed. We need 6 signings before we even think about replacing COG, selling Dunk, or shipping out Holla.

Just 5 weeks until we jet off for the mountain training camp.

Let's not waste our money on the camp, we need to have most of the squad in place for it.

There is a lot to do, time we started delivering on a few of the signings.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well said, BV...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We can sign players now, but any transfer of registration from another club cannot go through until July 1st.

So for all we know, the club may keep schtum until July 1st then. They do not like to do their transfer business in public and after last years gazumpings, they will be even more secretive I would think.

This will not satisfy many, but we just have to trust that the wheels are firmly in motion in the background.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed. We need 6 signings before we even think about replacing COG, selling Dunk, or shipping out Holla.

Just 5 weeks until we jet off for the mountain training camp.

Let's not waste our money on the camp, we need to have most of the squad in place for it.

There is a lot to do, time we started delivering on a few of the signings.

Having said that, we signed Toko on 20th May last year, so we did have an early signing. Much use he turned out to be.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So for all we know, the club may keep schtum until July 1st then. They do not like to do their transfer business in public and after last years gazumpings, they will be even more secretive I would think.

This will not satisfy many, but we just have to trust that the wheels are firmly in motion in the background.
The legal part of the transfer can be completed so gazumping isn't an issue.

Other clubs have announced signings, why would they do that if the signings were not 100% to go through ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Why do we have to trust the club after last summer's shambles!? And, if a player is signed, they cannot be gazumped, so no point in keeping the signing secret...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And the deal was done months before apparently, but the first we heard about it was when he signed.

It was announced when he actually signed. The signing was in May, which just shows what you said previously is nonsense...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It was announced when he actually signed. The signing was in May, which just shows what you said previously is nonsense...

It was announced when his contract ran out at Grasshoppers. The deal was done, 100%, no gazumping possible, months before. So not nonsense at all.

I am just pointing out that the club does everything as much as possible in secret. So no news does not mean that nothing is happening. It would be nice to have some news of course, but I am not surprised that we have none.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It was announced when his contract ran out at Grasshoppers. The deal was done, 100%, no gazumping possible, months before. So not nonsense at all.

I am just pointing out that the club does everything as much as possible in secret. So no news does not mean that nothing is happening. It would be nice to have some news of course, but I am not surprised that we have none.

Let's assume you are right (you aren't). What is the benefit to the club of not announcing a signing already made?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here