Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

any love for 80's Stones?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
STUPIDLY jealous of this.

11 March, just came out of the blue, Josh Homme's wife Brody Dalle (ex-distillers, Aussie bird) is also playing (frankly I'd rather NIN and QOTS just played longer sets but oh hum). For Perth the ticket price isn't too bad either at $127.50....... I'm very excited about seeing NIN and my wife is well up for QOTS so it's a win win situation!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The Emotional Rescue 7" was the last Stones record I bought and they have been embarrassing since IMHO. Australia is currently wetting itself over their tour in March 2014 - the fact I can get tickets for The Arctic Monkeys AND the NIN/QOTS double header, both shows at the same venue, for less combined says it all to me, meh....

You're not comparing like for like, the Arctic Monkeys/NIN/QOTSA are arguably at the zenith of their musical reach. Yes, the Stones are way, way past their best but what they achieved over their musical lifetime will far surpass anything from those bands (good as they are) on the world stage.

We obviously have different viewpoints, there's no way I could conceive that "You got me Rocking" from Voodoo Lounge in 1994 was (or is) embarrassing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever the Stones current output is they seem to be a brilliant live act. That concert from Hyde Park a few weeks ago was excellent entertainment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here