Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any ideas on initiatives to increase the attendance ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You can do, but those are the worst seats in the house. Central east & west are £42 - it's outrageous - who is going to pay that.

Then as you edge away from the centre they are £38 - still outrageous. £33 should get you a top drawer seat considering how many there will be vacant.

The category C games are acceptable value to be fair - but there is obviously going to be thousands of empty seats against Charlton at those prices, some bright spark considers it to be a category A game.

Personally, no not worst seats in the house as the seat in question is right in front of mine which is 1,000 times better than the seat I had at QPR for example a year ago which cost £30 or at Ipswich costing £32.50 or sitting in the gods at the top of WSU with a view I can watch on the highlights a day later.

Feb 14, 2010
Brighton fans are so hard on their own club. The Albion have not played in the top flight since 1983, lost its ground, played in the lowest division in Gillingham and then at an athletics track with little prospect of any success. Despite all of this we get bigger gates than Leeds, Forest and were the 11th best supported club in the country. So my solution to increase the gates would be, just for a change, getting a team that is better (just a bit better) than the clubs support and we finish 10th in the premier league.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/504913637660954624/photo/1

This and the slight reduction in some seat prices will make a difference. I know because I bought on a game basis last season. I got the hang of a print-at-home eventually, but BT Internet is not reliable enough for me. The hassle of getting individual tickets was the reason I missed a few games last season. And I thought Lower East G was overpriced. Reduced now.

Also, even before the signings, I anticipated a good season.

I would recommend buying a season ticket before the better seats run out.

25,600 benchmark for the Charlton match. Better than that and gates are going up.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
I think optimism is obviously now raised for this season.

Saturday is obviously a tough test, they are on a good run at the moment (believe they are favourites) - still loads of tickets available.

It is a difficult situation. We must not upset season tickets but need the income (don't forget the size of the loss last year!)

I still think the right way is to catch them young, with the well priced parent and child ticket, not sure quite how family orientated match day is, with all the beer and pies focus (maybe wrong)

all tickets need to be well priced for under 18's. The odd school and football club deal.

At the end of the day careful, targeted pricing by the club, success I am sure will bring in the numbers, we have had sell outs and the highest attendances. Be positive.

:ascarf:

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
How about a last-minute.com type bidding situation.
You register, make a bid for a ticket and if you win you get a seat, you won't know where your sitting until you've won the bid. Fill up the south stand this way! Bidding starts at £5 and goes up in increments of £2.50' effectively you could bid £5.00 for every game and some you'll win and some you'll lose, you just won't know where your sitting until the day.

might upset STH though?

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
Wins the prize so far. Those mates may go on to be regulars. I have had a couple of occasional users of my lads' tickets when they are away at Uni, who have got into it and are now STHs in their own right.

In similar vein, kids for a quid when accompanied by adults for the Cat C games. I can't believe Charlton is a Cat A game, £42 for East Upper wings!

PG

I think this is a very good idea.

The tickets are selling for Saturday, could do with someone with a bit over a thousand mates for Saturday still! (paying full price) (with a quick look at availability)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Does anyone base the decision to watch us play on the price of food and drink? Surely we go to see a game of football and anything else is way down on the list of priorities?
Exactly the point I made earlier in this thread, they go for results, performance and atmosphere......as it has always been.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To all intents and purposes, there is already 'pay on the gate'. You can rock up and buy a ticket an hour before the game from the ticket office.

PotG has been in place for a long time now. You can rock up at 2:55 and see the game, just like the good old days.

Excellent news! Will see you all down there sometime soon. I thought it was part of the conditions for the planning application though?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PotG has been in place for a long time now. You can rock up at 2:55 and see the game, just like the good old days.

Except the queue was 30 minutes long. I was there because my home printer had run out of ink.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I wonder if we could use loyalty points more creatively to enourage season ticket holders to either attend themselves (or make sure the ticket is used by someone else) eg discount on next seasons ticket for amount of times it gets swiped, as well as the chance for earlier purchasing for the biggest games when they come around as they do now.. If I understand it correctly, a season ticket holder who goes every week gets the same amount of loyalty points as a season tciket holder who doesn't o at all? In terms of the casual supporter, apart from prices, could buying 1 ticket, get you money off your next ticket, that builds until you get a ticket free...would encourage repeat buying, that might entice more to become season ticket holders in the future. I am sure there are parents who would buy in this way so that they wouldn't have to gamble that little Freddy will last a whole season by buying a season ticket. Pay on th egate etc are all ideas that help this as well, just thinking aloud really...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here