Any good pubs in liverpool next sunday????

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bobbhafc

Aug 26, 2011
Should be up there by 11am and staying the night so any good pubs for the away fans before the game?
:drink:

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Should be up there by 11am and staying the night so any good pubs for the away fans before the game?
:drink:
Loads down Walton Road, abt 15 mins + from Anfield. County Oak, Harlech, Chepstow Castle and the Black Horse, or in town just down from lime street Tess Rileys, The Blob Shop, the Midland Hotel, further down there's Matthew Street, avoid the Sandon near the ground, £4 a bottle

Brighton247.com

Jan 22, 2012
WSL
Away Friendly Pubs near Anfield

The Flat Iron pub is within 5 minutes of the ground. Though popular with home fans, visitors have reported a very friendly atmosphere.

The “traditional” pub for away fans is the Arkles pub near the ground itself. However, from lunchtime onwards it can become uncomfortably overcrowded on match days.
Other away friendly pubs include the Melrose Abbey, near Kirkdale Station.

Source: http://www.awaygrounds.com/liverpool-anfield/

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Loads down Walton Road, abt 15 mins + from Anfield. County Oak, Harlech, Chepstow Castle and the Black Horse, or in town just down from lime street Tess Rileys, The Blob Shop, the Midland Hotel, further down there's Matthew Street, avoid the Sandon near the ground, £4 a bottle

Agreed plenty up the Walton Road and this is Everton territory so will probably be more than happy to cheer us on against their neighbours. However the pubs in the area used to be real spit and sawdust venues with dodgy scousers selling anything from a duffle bag. Good fun but don't promise the missus a peasant Sunday afternoon pub meal she might be disappointed :D

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
always liked to visit the albert dock pre match at liverpool , i say always , 3 times many moons ago

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
always liked to visit the albert dock pre match at liverpool , i say always , 3 times many moons ago

Used to get dragged round Bootle docks on a Saturday evening drinking by some locals when I was living up there, far more eye opening and entertaining.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Anyone know if the Rydell is still there? I think the spelling it right. Used to be a brilliant pub that actively encouraged away fans, but someone said it had been pulled down.:(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Cabbage Hall.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Agreed plenty up the Walton Road and this is Everton territory so will probably be more than happy to cheer us on against their neighbours. However the pubs in the area used to be real spit and sawdust venues with dodgy scousers selling anything from a duffle bag. Good fun but don't promise the missus a peasant Sunday afternoon pub meal she might be disappointed :D
No chance of that, she's from Kirkby
!!!!!! And bang on Walton Rd is Everton land, rocking up there yesterday

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Away Friendly Pubs near Anfield

The Flat Iron pub is within 5 minutes of the ground. Though popular with home fans, visitors have reported a very friendly atmosphere.

The “traditional” pub for away fans is the Arkles pub near the ground itself. However, from lunchtime onwards it can become uncomfortably overcrowded on match days.
Other away friendly pubs include the Melrose Abbey, near Kirkdale Station.

Source: http://www.awaygrounds.com/liverpool-anfield/

Yeah, I've also heard the Flat Iron is recommended, so will be hoping to squeeze in there once our coach has arrived. Mind you, with 6000 or so of us milling around looking for a drink, they'll need a few dozen pubs to cope!

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
If i was being very very cautious, I'd say avoid the Sandon in big numbers

but i dont think itll be an issue, should be a friendly day all round, lets hope so....

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
If i was being very very cautious, I'd say avoid the Sandon in big numbers

but i dont think itll be an issue, should be a friendly day all round, lets hope so....
do they do beer in the stadium?
can see the pubs round the grounds being rammed

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
do they do beer in the stadium?
can see the pubs round the grounds being rammed

I genuinely cant think off the top of my head, they do for either domestic or European games, and dont in the other....and I cant for the life of me think which is which...the pubs usually are rammed you're right, however one thing i will say is, within a 20 minute walk radius of the stadium, there are loads of pubs, there must be at least 30 in that catchment Ive just described...

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I have been to literally hundreds of away games, but I am so up for this. How much better can it get? It sounds like there are some decent pubs, a World famous stadium and a small chance we could get a result. 10 hrs and counting until I leave my house.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I genuinely cant think off the top of my head, they do for either domestic or European games, and dont in the other....and I cant for the life of me think which is which...the pubs usually are rammed you're right, however one thing i will say is, within a 20 minute walk radius of the stadium, there are loads of pubs, there must be at least 30 in that catchment Ive just described...

We are staying Sunday night in the centre.
What LFC pubs in Anfield after the game would welcome us, including a young lad?

And in the centre later?

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
We are staying Sunday night in the centre.
What LFC pubs in Anfield after the game would welcome us, including a young lad?

And in the centre later?

In terms of welcome as in, there would be no trouble, then you'd be fine anywhere - same as anywhere really, if you dont act the goat, you wont get bothered - with regards bringing a young kid, i'm not sure, some might have a curfew type thing, especially in town....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports