Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any contract experts or Dog ownership experts. Please Help!!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Is she hounding you?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Are these contracts worth the paper they're written on?

She sounds mental, I'd just tell her to piss off. What's she going to do about it? It's not like you're up against a company with big resources.

To take proper legal action must be a massive amount of effort for her so you could play hard ball and ignore any correspondance until you get something from a court (which will most likely never happen) The only way you can lose here is if you waste your energy worrying about it. If she keeps turning up at your house then make a complaint against her for harassment.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
On the basis of what you have said, call her Bluff and say OK you can have him/her back.

She will soon back down.

Last edited:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Hiya pal

No way that a small claims court would get involved in this. So for her to enforce this would be very expensive for her and it looks like a crazy contract so I don't think she would be able to win a lot.

Hope that helps chum.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not a lawyer, but I studied law at college. This might come under the heading of a Social and Domestic Agreement. Broadly speaking the contract will only be legally enforceable if both parties intended it to be so when they signed it. ('Intention to create legal relations' I think is the phrase). Sometimes you'll see a clause about 'both parties agree to be subject to English Law' or something which may be sufficient to trigger that. If that's not in your contract basically I think you can tell the batty old fruitcake to piss off and there will be nothing she can do.

Alternatively I could be talking out of my arse, but hey, it's my two-pennyworth FWIW

I see what you did there.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Give her the dogs balls in a jam jar to put on her mantle piece. That way she has a part of him at her house and won't have to take em for a walk either.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Having sought legal advice on here.... I would write to her saying "After seeking legal advice I am advised to await instructions from your solicitor".
A bluff, but nothing to lose, as you are I consider, on the high ground.

Let us know how you got on.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
You acted in the best interests of the dogs health, therefore the neutering "contract" is surely nullified. Also, why was this a stipulation in the first place. The only reason to keep entire would be to breed or show. Neither of which you sound like you wanted to do, and would have had no implications for her anyway. In fact you would have been preventing unwanted puppies etc etc by getting him neutered, in doing so being for more responsible than her.

I would certainly not offer to lend her it for two week, you'd never get it back.

If she really insists on having it back for good, say you'll charge her for all costs involved in keeping it for the last 18 months, feed, vets fees, grooming, etc etc. Again, she'd soon loose interest.

Many Breeders put stipulations on agreements for sold puppies, that you will not breed without their permission. Again, that is a very loose arrangement, and rarely challenged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here