Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any confirmation of bus parade and times ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Too late for young children yet zones, searches and booze restrictions. Utterly awful. I'll still go, mind, but it's an ill thought out elf & safety officers wet dream. Extremely extremely disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Anybody else notice that a lot of these type of threads descend in to who's the bigger fan, how long they've supported the Albion etc ? Was a time you could just support them with out all the willy measuring stuff. I think it's gonna get a lot worse next year !
It's a bit like that with the 'early leaver' threads. The, 'I stay 'til the end, so I'm a better fan than you.'

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In 1983 the open top bus was around 7.30 on a Friday evening

Last time it was around the same time late afternoon ending at Madeira drive

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Anybody else notice that a lot of these type of threads descend in to who's the bigger fan, how long they've supported the Albion etc ? Was a time you could just support them with out all the willy measuring stuff. I think it's gonna get a lot worse next year !

I was starting the willy measuring for next season by "posting" a legitimate length when I slipped on a banana peel and ended up with an inny instead of an outty. It had been pretty painful until the willy reverted to it's usual performance.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton

It was that late ? I was only 9 at the time and was at hove town hall in the rain giving them a wave, didn't think it was that late ? Gary Stevens confirmed on the balcony he was staying with the club ???

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Everyone taking part has to wear a hi-viz top and walk hand-in-hand crocodile fashion. In Zone A you can only sing songs that are prompted to you via the big screens, in Zone B you can choose your own songs as long as there is no profanity in them, Zone C is a free for all in Barber speak so you can sing anything but it is £1 per swear word. Only current replica shirts can be worn in Zone A under your hi-viz to enhance the modern, upmarket image that the Albion wants to promote. Although you can bring your own alcohol (small quantities, no Special Brew or Diamond White) there will be wine bars available sponsored by local vineyards which will also provide a Pimms mixing service for those requiring it. At the end of the event you must return your hi-viz to collection points in your zone and exit the area on foot or by buses provided by Seagull Travel for a small fee (plus booking fee £1) payable to stewards provided by the club. Please leave the area with as little noise as possible to avoid disturbing local residents, junkies and seagulls. Anyone reported to the club for singing songs after 8pm could face a lifetime ban not only from theAmex but every away venue in Europe in the next 5 years. We hope everyone has a light hearted and jolly fan experience.

Last edited:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003

The League 2 and 1 promotion parades were on a Sunday morning, ending at the Town Hall and the Council offices. A much better idea.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Same. I guess it's not really aimed at the likes of us who celebrated promotion post-Wigan and have become increasingly dismayed ever since. Pretty sure the players couldn't be arsed with it either, straight off the back of a monster binge in Vegas, except that they're under strict orders to Take One For the Town.
It's bad enough the players have been told they have to go, but it would be particularly insulting if the fans don't turn up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here