Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any carpet fitters on here

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
Any carpets fitters on here? (I’m sure there must be NSC caters for all and everything)
I have wood flooring and its bloody freezing so much so you feel the cold air coming up through the gaps so was think of getting the room carpeted.
I was thinking of getting it boarded and then having something like Seagrass put down on top of the boards.
Is this the best approach and is there anything I should watch out for?
Thanks

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I have a mate works who used to work for Allied who reckons that the ethnic look of Mexican carpets will be all the rage in 2011. The downside is it only looks good with decent underlay.

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
What kind of money should I be paying to get a fitter to board the room and lay the seagrass, its a small room about 16 m sq

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can recommend Greg Stones in Portslade. They may not necessarily be the cheapest you can get, but they do a damn good job.

Zabadda

Jun 29, 2008
Seagrass can be a bitch to fit so they might charge you a bit more, and a regular carpet fitter won't board the floor, you will have to get a chippy in for that or a proper all round floor company

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
What kind of money should I be paying to get a fitter to board the room and lay the seagrass, its a small room about 16 m sq

I have been in the trade for about 25years and would have to say To Plyboard any shop will charge you approx £15sqm fitted. As for Sisal or seagrass stay well clear is my advise, It may look cool to begin with, but is a natural product and will stain even with a glass of water. Also because they are natural and most either have some form of pattern ie basket weave effect they are allowed a tolerance within the width and they can look not straight, and the manufacturers wont do a damn thing about it. The fitting is alot more expensive as you have to durafit the carpet, which means you stick the carpet to the underlay (which is also more expensive than regular underlay) therefore more time therefore a higher charge. Hope this helps.

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
]I have been in the trade for about 25years and would have to say To Plyboard any shop will charge you approx £15sqm fitted. As for Sisal or seagrass stay well clear is my advise, It may look cool to begin with, but is a natural product and will stain even with a glass of water. Also because they are natural and most either have some form of pattern ie basket weave effect they are allowed a tolerance within the width and they can look not straight, and the manufacturers wont do a damn thing about it. The fitting is alot more expensive as you have to durafit the carpet, which means you stick the carpet to the underlay (which is also more expensive than regular underlay) therefore more time therefore a higher charge. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Thanks for that, might now look for an alternative !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here