Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any bets on 10 again?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Back on the 13th November 1965 Albion 10 Wisbech 1. Bit before my time so any 1st hand reports from this game?

Loads of goals in the Cup. Seems some things never change, look at the poor Gills losing at home to another Kent club.

The F.A. Cup
1st Round
Aldershot 2 Wellingborough Town 1
Altrincham 6 Scarborough 0
Barnet 0 Dartford 2
Barrow 1 Grimsby Town 2
Bath City 2 Newport County 0
Bournemouth & Boscombe Ath. 0 Weymouth 0
Bradford Park Avenue 2 Hull City 3
Brentford 2 Yeovil Town 1
Brighton & Hove Albion 10 Wisbech Town 1
Chesterfield 0 Chester 2
Colchester United 3 Queens Park Rangers 3
Corby Town 6 Burton Albion 3
Corinthian Casuals 1 Watford 5
Crewe Alexandra 3 Scunthorpe United 0
Darlington 3 Bradford City 2
Doncaster Rovers 2 Wigan Athletic 2
Exeter City 1 Bedford Town 2
Fleetwood 2 Rochdale 2
Gateshead 4 Crook Town 2
Gillingham 1 Folkestone 2
Grantham Town 4 Hendon 1
Guildford City 2 Wycombe Wanderers 2
Hartlepools United 3 Workington 1
Leytonstone 0 Hereford United 1
Lincoln City 1 Barnsley 3
Mansfield Town 1 Oldham Athletic 3
Millwall 3 Wealdstone 1
Wimbledon 4 Gravesend & Northfleet 1
Oxford United 2 Port Vale 2
Peterborough United 2 Kidderminster Harriers 1
Reading 3 Bristol Rovers 2
Romford 1 Luton Town 1
Shrewsbury Town 2 Torquay United 1
South Shields 3 York City 1
Southend United 3 Notts. County 1
Southport 2 Halifax Town 0
Swindon Town 5 Merthyr Tydfil 1
Tranmere Rovers 0 Stockport County 1
Walsall 6 Swansea Town 3
Wrexham 4 South Liverpool 1

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was bored and counted up how many of the 80 clubs in that first round draw I had seen play...reckon it is 56, if I can count the current teams of Hartlepool and Bournemouth in their previous forms...can anyone beat that?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I was bored and counted up how many of the 80 clubs in that first round draw I had seen play...reckon it is 56, if I can count the current teams of Hartlepool and Bournemouth in their previous forms...can anyone beat that?

58 for me .

Edit. Just re-counted, make that 59

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I was there that day, cant remember many details, aged 10 years 1 month, but remember thinking we were going to win the cup if we could score 10 in one match.
Most goals i've seen the Albion score, though seem to remember tem hitting 9 against someone around the same era.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I was there that day, cant remember many details, aged 10 years 1 month, but remember thinking we were going to win the cup if we could score 10 in one match.
Most goals i've seen the Albion score, though seem to remember tem hitting 9 against someone around the same era.

Two weeks later, beat Southend 9 - 1.
Also beat Mansfield 6 - 4 in the same season.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Two weeks later, beat Southend 9 - 1.
Also beat Mansfield 6 - 4 in the same season.

Thanks, saw them also, but couldnt remember the opponents, certainly was a feast of goals that season:thumbsup:

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Was there, hate to say, don't remember much about it, due to being about 16, just joined the Navy.................correct me if wrong, but was there no offside in those days, hence the high scores? Or maybe the standard was shit!

Bugs Hill

Jan 13, 2004
Was there, hate to say, don't remember much about it, due to being about 16, just joined the Navy.................correct me if wrong, but was there no offside in those days, hence the high scores? Or maybe the standard was shit!

I remember it well - 3-0 at half time - there was still offside in those days, but the fact is, that they just caved in during the second half.

We went to Bournemouth the following week and won 1-0 .... I remember us singing about the 10-1 win and Bournemouth fans responding by "you'll never see that again" .... One week later and 9-1 up against Southend, we were just willing the 10th to go in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here