Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Barnes haters going to admit we are missing him yet?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What have Barnes, Bridcut, Al-Abd and Crofts have in common? All give 100% effort and never hide no matter how badly they may be playing.

Whatever you think of each of them, we lost a LOT of GRIT with all of them being off/out. A LOT. Of GRIT.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Whatever you think of each of them, we lost a LOT of GRIT with all of them being off/out. A LOT. Of GRIT.

We lost the spine (physically speaking) of the team. Other teams must look at us now and know that with exception of Ince and Upson we are physically quite weak.

Barnes was one of the players I always liked. He made as much of the talent he had IMHO, and as I say never hid despite being the target of the boo boys.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What have Barnes, Bridcut, Al-Abd and Crofts have in common? All give 100% effort and never hide ...

...apart from when one can't be arsed to play because he's not in the right frame in mind :ffsparr:

But Barnes, yes, definitely missed him last night and in the first match. If he'd have been playing, we'd have had a certain three points in the bag

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think we miss having a back-up striker rather than Ashley Barnes specifically.

We are also missing Andrew Crofts a lot.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it's time to accept that it aint happening for us this season but that could easily change next season if Ulloa, CMS and Hoskins are all fit and available.

It will (hopefully) be at that point that we can stop talking about Barnes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we miss having a back-up striker rather than Ashley Barnes specifically.

We are also missing Andrew Crofts a lot.

We have one. He's just nowhere near as good as Ashley Barnes. Hence missing Ashley Barnes.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Do you believe Rodriguez and Obika are better?

That wasn't the original question. But, as you're asking, well I really don't know - I haven't seen enough of either player to give a judgment. Though I certainly don't think Obika is as bad as all the doomsters seem to believe. Personally, my strongest Albion starting eleven wouldn't include Rodders and Obika, or Ashley Barnes for that matter if he was still here. As it is a squad game, if over the Summer somebody else comes in who is better than those 3, then I'll be happy.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
No, I don't miss him, miss the PR announcer going "Number 9 Ashley Barnes" but that's when it stops.

We are not missing him at all. We have struggled to put away our chances across the squad since we entered the Championship. People on here seems to analyse our season weekly based on whether we win or lose, with draws being a consistent "decent result". Fact is, injuries have savaged our season. It's nothing more or less. I'm afraid due to that promotion is next seasons task now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here