Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any astronomers on here?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Was walking home from West Worthing to Southwick early doors and around dawn 5.30 ish a really bright object became visible in the southern sky. It was obviously there all along but as I was fairly shattered didn't notice it until the sun started to throw it's light on it.

Any ideas what planet I was seeing?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm tempted by a (doggin') trip up Truleigh Hill tonight with my bino-cu-lars, I might try and take some pictures should by trusty camera allow me!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No it was a planet. A stationary object.

Tricky Dicky is probably right. Venus - ta.

Oh, ok.

Space station due over at 19.22 tonight anyway. Looks like it will be clear skies, well worth a gander.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Oh, ok.

Space station due over at 19.22 tonight anyway. Looks like it will be clear skies, well worth a gander.

Pretty sure I saw it last night but was a bit puzzled as there seemed to be two objects travelling at same speed. Thought one might have been a plane but my sister in York said she saw the same two objects. I am puzzled.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pretty sure I saw it last night but was a bit puzzled as there seemed to be two objects travelling at same speed. Thought one might have been a plane but my sister in York said she saw the same two objects. I am puzzled.

Shuttle first then the ISS after, both travelling in the same direction close to each other

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Maybe it's one of these?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here