Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Albion fans who live in Pompey?

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I moved to Pompey in September and make as many games as possible, when the FA cup thrid round draw came up i was so excited! Can't wait to Travel up with the away fans on the train, and was wondering anyone else going up by train from the portsmouth area.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's just you who lives there.

The rest of us are a bit more discerning. Even the ones who live in Southampton.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
If you let me know what train you're getting i'll get the same one when it passes through Angmering.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You have my sympathy.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
There's a really wierd accent in Portsmouth, sort of half cockernee, half west country yokel.

Not sure I like it very much.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone thinking of getting onto a train rammed with stinking, tatooed, beer-swilling, unshaven Portsmouth fans, and their husbands, needs their head fixed.

Just the thought of it makes me feel unclean.

Go by car, for pity's sake. If you don't have a car, BUY ONE. If you can't drive, sign up quick to one of those 'learn to drive in three days' courses.

Or start walking, now.

Anything but that train.

*shudder*

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
Anyone thinking of getting onto a train rammed with stinking, tatooed, beer-swilling, unshaven Portsmouth fans, and their husbands, needs their head fixed.

Just the thought of it makes me feel unclean.

Go by car, for pity's sake. If you don't have a car, BUY ONE. If you can't drive, sign up quick to one of those 'learn to drive in three days' courses.

Or start walking, now.

Anything but that train.

*shudder*

I'm feeling you maybe right. I will blow my student loan on the three day course, I wont be able to eat for the rest of the year but I think it will be worth it?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
a right little Pompey minx :

BiffaBacon3_128.jpg

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
There's a really wierd accent in Portsmouth, sort of half cockernee, half west country yokel.

Not sure I like it very much.

I agree it is very odd and it seems to be much stronger for Taxi drivers.

When I lived there I once had the misfortune of getting into a taxi where the driver was playing a cd of popular songs changed to include Portsmouth references such as "I'm a Pompey girl, in my Pompey world" (Barbie Girl) etc. He then went on the explain, in his freakish accent, how clever and innovative the album was :facepalm:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Ok then,the Scum supporters making the trip should all be st holders, making them slightly cleaner than the rest of them.

How would this make them cleaner? Paying for an st Shirley means less money for essentials like White lightning so luxury items like soap and deodorant must be among the first sacrifices :shrug:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I know one person from Pompy, Ironic that he is a compulsive lier too, lent him my dvd (the usual suspects) and still not seen it back (8months) maybe he will give me a percentage back?

He also has the odd london/west country accent. He also has an aroma that is funky to say the least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here