Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any actual sensible transfer news?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Richie Morris said:
McPhee is actually moving to a foreign club and Port Vale will get no money.

Don't be so sure!;)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
But Michael Standing, when signing for Bradford instead of us, claimed they were a bigger club... how wrong he was and is...

Anyway, I'd have Brooker back in an instant... far better than Jones IMHO... more skill, more likely to score, more incisive, more creative... just plain all round better...

How about Kemal (SIC) Izzet of Colchester... always runs the show when they play us... more creative than anyone we've got on our books... and a realistic target given the two club's current status...

How about having another crack at Steve Hunt of Brentford... their top scorer from the wing last year I believe...

Is Heffernan (SIC) of Notts County last year still looking for a club?... I would like to see him up-front for us... scored loads of goals for County in a poor side having a poor season...

Not sure about the central defender MM is looking for... how about Butler of Bristol City?... is experienced, and looked pretty solid against us in the final...

I tried to be sensible!!...

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Richie Morris said:
It all seems very quiet. I know people are on holidays etc but just wondered if there were any transfer rumblings.

I am still sure Brooker will resign for us by the way.

Anyone people think we should be looking at signing?

When Euro 2004 has finished the transfer market will get busy. Until then it will be quiet for all clubs

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
was very excited to hear a rumour that we have tried to get carlos Edwards.I know it's a rumour but can't help but ponder.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
bw2, you are being sensible, its easy to come up with unrealistic names like Henry, Lampard and Van Nistelrooy but far harder to suggest players who would probably join the Albion if an offer were made.

From another thread it would appear that we have signed a player already but cannot reveal the details until 1 July, presumably the individual will be released from his current contract on that date and we have spoken to him, possibly without consent of his present club.

CAFC Matt is probably right in suggesting that things will hot up as Euro 2004 draws to a close, I wouldn't expect us to bring in anyone who has played in the competition but clubs with a bit more cash than us may look to trim their current squads before bringing in new players.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think we have to look at getting a couple of decent premiership loan singnings in and definatlely one in midfield like the Sidwell loan.He made such a difference to us in div 1.I know its not the same as a permanent signing but its got to give us more chance of staying up.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
singnings,definatlely???????????:dunce: :bigwave: :stupid:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That is probably how it will be Bright on Q, I reckon we will pay for a player, bring in a couple more on free's and maybe a couple on season long deals. It is easy to speculate but I can't see our first choice eleven being vastly different next season from last, our defence was pretty solid towards the end of the season, we just need a bit of tweaking in midfield and a bit more up front to stand a fair chance of staying up.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
All the Bradford players have been released.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Tommy Mooney is supposedly joining Bristol City,I hope we draw
them in the cup!:lol:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
seagull over spain said:
I recon Liam Lawrence (Mansfield) looked well impressive in Div 3 play off and Lee Trundell is worth a look

lawrence
dont think he has moved yet. i do know doncaster were after him then came along sunderland, cardiff and more likley because its so close to mansfield, rotherham are all sniffing at him.
so unless he wants to move to the south coast i cannot see us being a more attractive offer to him.
very good player though.

if we dont get brooker back i would like us to go all out for stephen hunt at brentford.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The following are all available on free transfers:

A.Johnston (M'boro)
B.Barry-Murphy (S.Wed)
C.Coyne (Luton)
C.Easton (Norwich)
C.Pitt (Oxford)
D.Currie (Wycombe)
D.Gorre (Barnsley)
E.Dadi (Tranmere)
J.Wilcox (Leeds)
J.Murphy (Blackpool)
L.Bromby (S.Wed)
L.Lawrence (Mansfield)
M.Kinsella (W.Brom)
M.Cummins (Port Vale)
N.Ardley (Watford)
P.Gilchrist (W.Brom)
S.Taylor (Blackpool)
S.Purches (B'mouth)

Plus the old blokes - Sheringham, Sherwood, Poyet, Dublin, Anderton

Someone must be interested?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
R Toad, that's a helluva list with some good players on it... I would have thought the old guard and some of the others will be out of the question due to wages tho'...

Fingers crossed for some swift work by DK and MM so that we can get the new boys bedded in for the new season...

As MA (and someone else b4 him!!) used to say... those who fail to plan, plan to fail... let's not make the same mistake twice (div 1, sorry The Championship, last time anyone!!)...

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
said in yesterdays paper's that kinsella was in talks with the sour grape boy's from wiltshire! surely the sort of experienced midfielder we need

repugnant toad iv seen that dadi and purches have signed new contracts with there current teams so you can take those 2 of your list

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here