Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Antony's the greatest...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some comms are more than a tad out of touch with the game from a fans perspective 🤣

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought it was 'Anthony's a racist'

Must be that there Welsh accent.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Reminds me of the Goldstone days, when someone thought we were shouting Seig heil whilst pointing our right arms forward. An investigation was initiated, only to discover the ground wasn't full of Nazis - we were shouting Seagulls. All they had to do was ask.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Reminds me of the Goldstone days, when someone thought we were shouting Seig heil whilst pointing our right arms forward. An investigation was initiated, only to discover the ground wasn't full of Nazis - we were shouting Seagulls. All they had to do was ask.
Wasn’t that much more recently during a Championship away game at Millwall? And was reported as the Millwall fans singing it?

Or maybe it’s happened more than once.

Edit: mentioned here 2004.

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
That happened at the amex!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
There were complaints when we were playing a Welsh team. I think Cardiff.

Sea sea Seasiders was misheard to be abusive about the Welsh.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is it they're singing? I cant work it out

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Wasn’t that much more recently during a Championship away game at Millwall? And was reported as the Millwall fans singing it?

Or maybe it’s happened more than once.

Edit: mentioned here 2004.
Definitely happened while we were still at the Goldstone and if i remember correctly, that investigation somehow lasted for several months

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Definitely happened while we were still at the Goldstone and if i remember correctly, that investigation somehow lasted for several months
I seem to remember it was part of some police or Government 'intelligence' report when they were looking to crack down on hooliganism.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can recall a set of away fans at the Goldstone chanting "TRIALS FOR LEICESTER" at Clive Walker every time he was on the ball. Myself and my mates were somewhat nonplussed at this slightly odd chant. Until we realised what they were actually saying was "child molester".

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
This. Now we don't put one arm up similar to a nazi salute but at the Goldstone (rip) you could see half the ground saluting like it was a Hitler parade.
Few years back at Peterborough they played a tune that I thought was a Pizza advert, think it was their song as they came on the pitch.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I can recall a set of away fans at the Goldstone chanting "TRIALS FOR LEICESTER" at Clive Walker every time he was on the ball. Myself and my mates were somewhat nonplussed at this slightly odd chant. Until we realised what they were actually saying was "child molester".
‘Sex case, sex case, hang him, hang him, hang him’ was the Millwall chant towards Flash during the 91 play off semi. Then they proceeded to give him a shoeing when he fell over the advertising boards into the South stand away seats!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here