Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Antonio - Should we go for him?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's a shame we didn't get Jamie Ward when we had a chance, he looked tenacious, quick and skilful at times. Antonio will go to a Low end PL team and will be on big money.

I've always thought Ward as a capable player...but to me he seems to have regressed ....Derby weren't bothered to see him go...i wonder why

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've always thought Ward as a capable player...but to me he seems to have regressed ....Derby weren't bothered to see him go...i wonder why
Could have been simple economics, he reached the end of his contract and Derby thought his wages/signing on fee could be better spent elsewhere.

I hadn't realised he was 29 years old, I don't suppose he's going to get any better now. Bong marshalled him pretty well but I did like his aggression and tenacity. Perhaps we're looking for better!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Good luck with that. I doubt we can afford him. Although if we did have him I'd say we'd be strong contenders for the play-offs.

We really do need a winger. March and Lua Lua are good players, but we need some consistent quality week in week out to provide good service to our front two.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good luck with that. I doubt we can afford him. Although if we did have him I'd say we'd be strong contenders for the play-offs.

We really do need a winger. March and Lua Lua are good players, but we need some consistent quality week in week out to provide good service to our front two.

Maybe if they are played week in week out and we play 442 they will give us the consistency? It will be interesting to see if we line up against Fulham in the same way ....either way we need someone else in as theres no cover or 'impact' player on the bench

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Dougie said he is the leagues best player. I would think in all honesty it would cost 10 million plus to get the deal done.

I said nothing of the sort .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Going against the grain I personally think he's over rated.. His final ball has always lacked when ive seen him.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sorry, you're saying the person who scored 14 goals and picked up 12 assists in the Championship last season is lacking end product?

Jesus.

For the rumoured 5m plus though that's a hell of a lot of money, as I did state though I only meant when I myself have seen him I really don't think he's stood out for that money. Thought both of full backs dealt with him on Friday, a forest supporting friend of mine said he's a good player, probably their best, but inconsistent.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Derby want him for 6 million. That will go down well. :lolol:

And FFP-restricted Forest are looking to give him a 'massive' payrise to keep him ???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
For the rumoured 5m plus though that's a hell of a lot of money, as I did state though I only meant when I myself have seen him I really don't think he's stood out for that money. Thought both of full backs dealt with him on Friday, a forest supporting friend of mine said he's a good player, probably their best, but inconsistent.

Sounds like a bargain when we want 5m for Dunk... attacking players who score goals are a lot harder to find than centre halfs...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sounds like a bargain when we want 5m for Dunk... attacking players who score goals are a lot harder to find than centre halfs...

Centre halves that score goals though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here