Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Antonio is class.....

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
He wont be there long based on the pace he has as a defender!

FACT

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don't remember him doing much to be honest, did skin El-abd a few times but didn't do much with the final ball.

Pace isn't everything.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Rapid first half hour. Didn't see him after that.

Well, after that first run past El-Abd we doubled up the cover on him, so we were never exposed to him 1 on 1 again. That subdued him nicely. Another astute tactical change by the Gaffer.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Pace was deceptive as up against El Abd, but certainly fast. Poor crossing led to him being subbed though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's not theirs - he's on loan from Reading.

And he's just [very] quick - nothing else. What did he actually ACHIEVE yesterday? Zero.

If he was any good, considering how their own season is going, Reading would want him playing for themselves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Gus hadn't switched Bennet and given El Abd some support in stopping him, I reckon he would have changed the game :shrug:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Was good to see the tactical change by Gus - and it had the desired effect on Antonio, but I think it also meant that our front two lost a bit of support. Shows how much Bennett does for the side going forward and back.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
No end product and eventually kicked out of the game by El Abd assisted by Bennett - he's not that good. Boyd of Peterborough is the best winger I have seen for ages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here