Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Antonio Conte leaves Spurs

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fully aware of our league position yeah, I go to most games. I was asked where I thought we’d come in August and I said 4th. The fact we are 4th shows just how embarrassing the league is at the moment. Unsure why me thinking Brighton are going to win a football match next Saturday makes me “entitled”. :Nono:
Next Saturday, we’re playing Brentford.

I’m talking about the general moaning about the state of the club and lack of trophies as being entitled. I see on another thread you’ve said Spurs would be second choice to Real Madrid for managers this summer. At least there’s some perspective but if there’s more than two to choose from, you may not be second choice, either.

Get over it. Your not the massive club you think you are, any more than Chelsea are.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Next Saturday, we’re playing Brentford.

I’m talking about the general moaning about the state of the club and lack of trophies as being entitled. I see on another thread you’ve said Spurs would be second choice to Real Madrid for managers this summer. At least there’s some perspective but if there’s more than two to choose from, you may not be second choice, either.

Get over it. Your not the massive club you think you are, any more than Chelsea are.
This Saturday you’ve got Brentford, next Saturday you’ve got us.

Don’t remember that Real Madrid comment whatsoever but think you’re clutching at straws a bit here.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
On a BBC poll, twice as many votes for Thomas Frank than RDZ. There is no helping some people.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You do realise that Spurs are currently 4th in the Premier League, don’t you?

Where do you realistically expect them to be?

And we thought the Chelsea fans are “entitled”. :shrug:
Maybe 4th doesn't matter much if they don't want to watch the team.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Money has partly changed the whole dynamic, the likes of Conte, Jose M, Stevie G and Fat Frank, don’t have to work, they don’t need the money.

When Barry Lloyd left the Albion he went painting and decorating.

Conte knew exactly what he was doing in that Press Room at St Mary’s, an escape route on a par with James Coburn at the French Cafe.

He now moves on to his next victim, sorry club.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The reasons Nagelsmann left Bayern, according to German journalists over the last few days.

Arrogance (his way or the highway), falling out with star players such as Neuer and Muller, politicking within the club to get rid of the long time goalkeeping coach and friend of Neuer’s, off-field distractions.

What could go wrong?

To be fair, didn't Neuer go skiing during the World Cup break and end up breaking his leg? Think that's a fair reason to fall out with your first choice keeper!

That leaves Conte pretty much a busted flush now. Wonder what mugs will take on the international managerial superstar next.

Not Brighton that's for sure, Phew!

He'll go back to Italy. With Napoli absolutely pissing the league, you could potentially see all of the big 3 over there looking for new managers in the summer... which wouldn't be great news for us either :(

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I suspect they’ll go for that recently sacked up and coming manager- but will Viera want it?

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Lol I'd like to see him set fire to a team in a new league altogether, like the Spanish one for example. They already have Simeone there but Cholo is a much more known and trusted quantity - plus he has far more success in Europe. Only problem is he'd have to learn Spanish (which at least is easier to learn than German or French for us Italians.)
The other option is for him to come back to Italy but I don't know if a top club would seek him out*, and the lower-placed teams (where I think he'd have a more positive effect) simply don't have the money he usually asks for.

*Certainly not Juve. Inter owners have also had their fill with him, Milan I don't think would want someone with his profile. Roma are getting tired of Mourinho and if they replace him they won't do it with Mourinho 2.0, and Lazio seem content enough with Sarri.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
But still often playing a horrible Watford lite (as under Graham Taylor).
Frank has done a fantastic job.

They remind me very much of the peak Wimbledon team in the 90’s when they actually had a few decent footballers like Marcus Gayle, Robbie Earle, Oyvind Leonhardsen and Dean Holdsworth. Very direct and physical but able to play, not afraid of the big clubs and always a tough game for any team.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Frank has done a fantastic job.

They remind me very much of the peak Wimbledon team in the 90’s when they actually had a few decent footballers like Marcus Gayle, Robbie Earle, Oyvind Leonhardsen and Dean Holdsworth. Very direct and physical but able to play, not afraid of the big clubs and always a tough game for any team.
Agreed. They just aren't very attractive to watch in my opinion.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Nagelsmann hasn't exactly been a success at Bayern, given they're behind Dortmund with Union keeping pace, and with all of his being 'overly-friendly' with a particular journalist who has been leaking his tactical decisions, would he really be as good an appointment as some are making out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here