Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Antonio Conte leaves Spurs

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He got sacked on Tuesday. Could get Donald Duck in and he still wouldn’t win us a trophy.

If you don’t turn us over Easter Saturday somethings gone seriously wrong!
Be harder than you think though…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nagelsmann the favourite. Rest easy De Zerbi worriers.

View attachment 158851
Roberto De Zerbi is going nowhere for a few years - loyalty means something to him and he’s at one of the best managed clubs in the world ⭐👍

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Roberto De Zerbi is going nowhere for a few years - loyalty means something to him and he’s at one of the best managed clubs in the world ⭐👍
If he continues as is I can't see him going the full season next.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
He got sacked on Tuesday. Could get Donald Duck in and he still wouldn’t win us a trophy.
Of course not, it’s a cartoon duck.
🤷‍♂️

Spurs have had 10 permanent managers in the last 20 years. Either before they joined Spurs, or after they left they have collectively won 61 trophies.
They have 1 between them at Tottenham.
Wow, yeah maybe give Donald a call!
😅

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
They will come for De Zerbi at the end of the season, if he hasn't already been tapped up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But weird for an assistant to take over, no? Normally they get binned with the rest of the management staff, don't they?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The reasons Nagelsmann left Bayern, according to German journalists over the last few days.

Arrogance (his way or the highway), falling out with star players such as Neuer and Muller, politicking within the club to get rid of the long time goalkeeping coach and friend of Neuer’s, off-field distractions.

What could go wrong?
There is more to it it seems his ex girlfriend was a journalist, who was apparently leaking stories.

He binned her off last week.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
But weird for an assistant to take over, no? Normally they get binned with the rest of the management staff, don't they?
He has already been doing it while Conte recovered from his op, so it's the continuity option allowing them to take longer to hire the next man if they need to...

I also assume that the time between Conte's "please sack me" rant and it happening has been legal wrangling over parting terms.
Conte is probably receiving some or all of his pay until the end of the contract (this summer), so can't work elsewhere yet. His assistant will probably go with him when he does get another job, but in the meantime would be twiddling thumbs...

Or MAYBE the whole back room team realise that this is it for Conte, so it's shop window time for Stellini?

Or MAYBE it's classic Levy - not wanting to pay out any severance for the back room team (no beef with them), so they've ended up stuck with each other to save a few £?

Who knows/cares, as long as the Stellini/Mason dream team can steer the good ship Hotspur into 8th...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Of course not, it’s a cartoon duck.
🤷‍♂️

Wow, yeah maybe give Donald a call!
😅
I’ve said the exact same post on various threads over the years using Pep, Fergie, whoever so was just a joke. Fully aware he’s a cartoon duck.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

To be fair you have a few times and you are right.

As for Easter Saturday, come off it, you have so much quality it will be massively hard for Brighton, regardless of any previous results. Would take a point now….

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

You do realise that Spurs are currently 4th in the Premier League, don’t you?

Where do you realistically expect them to be?

And we thought the Chelsea fans are “entitled”. :shrug:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You do realise that Spurs are currently 4th in the Premier League, don’t you?

Where do you realistically expect them to be?

And we thought the Chelsea fans are “entitled”. :Nono:
Fully aware of our league position yeah, I go to most games. I was asked where I thought we’d come in August and I said 4th. The fact we are 4th shows just how embarrassing the league is at the moment. Unsure why me thinking Brighton are going to win a football match next Saturday makes me “entitled”. :Nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here