Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Antics at the back of the stand yesterday

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
No.

But I'd like to thank the chap who rescued me when I made a schoolboy error when standing on a seat after we scored the penalty. I got my weight distribution all wrong, the seat folded back up taking me with it, leaving me in a bit of a pickle and somewhat trapped.

HaHa think I was behind you unless someone else did the same

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
If you mean quite high up but not at the back of the stand then this happened right next to us. Same guys also fell (jumped) over the seats crushing my mate TWICE (once after the goal and another a few minutes after full-time).

:tosser:

Was also right next to the guy smoking as well :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Saw another lad ejected at beginning of second half shortly after downing his red wine

A vintage performance on and off the pitch.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Trying to clear the walkways by making people sit in their actual seats. I was standing on the steps for the entire first half, due to somebody sitting in my seat. I asked them to move but somebody was in their seat apparently and I could see the endless spiral it was leading to.

Why not get the stewards to earn their money and get the person in your seat to move, they can then deal with the domino effect while you enjoy the game from your ticketed seat.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Yeah, I was the lucky wife underneath 10 stone of p***head. Still a bit hazy about getting home and still got an almighty headache no amount of codeine can even make a dent in :facepalm: this must be what every Sunday is like for the Taxman...

Thanks to the guys nearby who were checking I was ok. Tbh I love a good atmosphere and you've got to expect a bit of jostling in a London game, we've all been there, most of us can hold our beer better though - I mean, seriously, it was only about half an hour in! And no he didn't apologise. Just glad he didn't land on my stepson as he would have snapped his neck.:tosser:

These guys pushed into a row that was already over full, they were drinking in the stands, throwing their empties over people's heads, but the stewards were only 3 rows away and completely oblivious. Now I'm not a massive fan of stewards but there is a point where they have to step in to keep people safe - I haven't seen such criminally useless stewarding since Elland Road a few years back. What gets me is that if something serious had happened, people would blame "Brighton", not the individuals involved or the stewards. Grr.

What a great game though. Won't stop me going away, Brighton til I die!

:O

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I assume they were drug sniffer dogs just after the turnstiles, bit of a piss take to take your money first then eject you if had a Henry hiding in your sock

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Trying to clear the walkways by making people sit in their actual seats. I was standing on the steps for the entire first half, due to somebody sitting in my seat. I asked them to move but somebody was in their seat apparently and I could see the endless spiral it was leading to.

I'd like to apologise to the bloke and his kid who had a loud, fat drunk bloke standing next to them for the entire first half. I was going to chuck your kid a few quid for football stickers or whatever he collects for putting up with me, but I was moved at H/T and it slipped my mind (that and it would have looked really weird). :blush:

football stickers you say...??? :laugh:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Elf and safety. Chief steward wanted gangways cleared in case of problems. Most standing in gangway had seats lower down but wanted to be in the action at the back. I thought one chap in his 30's was going to cry when he was told to go down rather than up!

Except that by standing on the stairs and asking for tickets at the pinchpoint for those coming in and out of the stand, it caused a 'elf and safety' problem rather than solving one! For Block P7 there were another 4 stewards stood on the steps doing nothing more than causing a blockage. Brainless.

PG

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
London games always bring out the morons. After the game in the Wetherspoons near the station some of our own fans(who'd each been spending a suspiciously long time in the cubicles) attempted to start on me - by flicking water at the back of my head as I urinated :laugh:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No.

But I'd like to thank the chap who rescued me when I made a schoolboy error when standing on a seat after we scored the penalty. I got my weight distribution all wrong, the seat folded back up taking me with it, leaving me in a bit of a pickle and somewhat trapped.

I can confirm this was most entertaining. I'd like to say that I did my NSC duty to the Dear Leader & helped to extricate him from his position, painfully folded upwards between two rows of seats.

I would, however, be lying, as in fact I was too busy laughing & trying to attract the attention of nail-z gull & Goldstone76 so that they too could look on and enjoy.

#BadMod

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Guy near me almost gave a guy in the row behind a whack in the first few minutes and things got a bit heated for a bit. Not sure what sparked it but thankfully calmed down and was fine rest of the game.

Jan 30, 2008
London games always bring out the morons. After the game in the Wetherspoons near the station some of our own fans(who'd each been spending a suspiciously long time in the cubicles) attempted to start on me - by flicking water at the back of my head as I urinated :laugh:
sure it was water???
regards
DR

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
Guy near me almost gave a guy in the row behind a whack in the first few minutes and things got a bit heated for a bit. Not sure what sparked it but thankfully calmed down and was fine rest of the game.

It happened right next to me...

Two lads in front standing on seats (might I add they were far too old to be doing so - they weren't kids) so no one behind them could see. They were asked half a dozen times to get off the seats by the people behind them and to stand like everyone else. They refused to and ignored requests from everyone around them. They were then 'helped down' shall we say.
Then the guy who was with them (their neanderthal Dad I presume) kicked off like a lunatic and all his mates piled in. Handbags really, but did get very heated at one point. Needless to say no stewards around when you need them...

Away games really do attract some scumbag Albion fans. Really ashamed to say I support the same team as these idiots sometimes.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven

The guy behind pushed his son of the seat in front. I think he got a surprise when the dad who looked 6 ft and 18 stone realised. Kid shouldn't of been standing on a seat blocking the view but the guy behind should not of resulted to that!

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
The way people go on about Brighton fans on here after every London away game makes me cringe. The police had an easy day and I'm sure would praise the 4500 or so Brighton fans for their behaviour throughout the long day. The pubs were rammed by 11am and from a fan who has been a regular for 35 years must say the atmosphere could not have been friendlier. Some people need to lighten up

Dec 18, 2003
Haywards Heath
The guy behind pushed his son of the seat in front. I think he got a surprise when the dad who looked 6 ft and 18 stone realised. Kid shouldn't of been standing on a seat blocking the view but the guy behind should not of resulted to that!

As mentioned previously I was very close by too, the lads (two of them) were asked half a dozen time to get off the seats and they refused. Inconsiderate muppets. They were blocking the view for loads of people. It depresses me when people just have no respect or consideration for others!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here