Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Anti Social Behaviour

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
not really - my Dad died from lung cancer by smoking ‘good old fashioned fags’ ☹️
I'm an on/off smoker and it was gallows humour, as I'm sure you were aware. Sorry to hear about your dad, but something's got to end every single one of us. I appreciate that doesn't make it easier for you.

However, to return to my earlier post on this thread, I personally find the mental health of this teen far more worrying than her physical health. There's an absolute epidemic of mental health issues in that generation, made worse by being locked inside for nearly two years with no school, no peer group and nothing much to do but watch other idiots giving it large on youtube. Ironically, the mental health of that generation has been at least partly sacrificed for the physical safety of people who spent all their lives smoking good, old fashioned fags.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
I'm an on/off smoker and it was gallows humour, as I'm sure you were aware. Sorry to hear about your dad, but something's got to end every single one of us. I appreciate that doesn't make it easier for you.

However, to return to my earlier post on this thread, I personally find the mental health of this teen far more worrying than her physical health. There's an absolute epidemic of mental health issues in that generation, made worse by being locked inside for nearly two years with no school, no peer group and nothing much but to do watch other idiots giving it large on youtube. Ironically, the mental health of that generation has been at least partly sacrificed for the physical safety of people who spent all their lives smoking good, old fashioned fags.
So, you are in that carriage, what do you do?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So, you are in that carriage, what do you do?
That wasn't the point I was addressing. Odds are I'd roll my eyes and laugh. She's potty mouthed but harmless, and I doubt a lecture about the importance of mental health wellbeing after lockdown would have gone down particularly well.

I certainly wouldn't have videoed it and posted it on Twitter for the amusement of other people who'd do nothing.

However, coming back from Cardiff one season in The Championship there was a bloke, older (18 - 21ish) being an absolute dick on the train. I don't think he realised the quiet, half asleep guy next to me was my mate, an ex Navy Submariner. We both stood up, matey looked him in the eye and he shit himself and got off at the next station.

An awful lot of this is bravado.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
That wasn't the point I was addressing. Odds are I'd roll my eyes and laugh. She's potty mouthed but harmless, and I doubt a lecture about the importance of mental health wellbeing after lockdown would have gone down particularly well.

I certainly wouldn't have videoed it and posted it on Twitter for the amusement of other people who'd do nothing.

However

However, coming back from Cardiff one season in The Championship there was a bloke, older (18 - 21ish) being an absolute dick on the train. I don't think he realised the quiet, half asleep guy next to me was my mate, an ex Navy Submariner. We both stood up, matey looked him in the eye and he shit himself and got off at the next station.

Not sure what a Cardiff adult has to do with it but hey ho.
So you would probably laugh at her and roll your eyes but do nothing, yet you certainly wouldn't share it with people on twitter who would laugh at it but do nothing. Mmmm, do not be scared of mirrors. You can't beat them.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Having had my teeth knocked out twice in unprovoked attacks I tend to leave the first sign of any trouble nowadays, with so many c***s around I fear one day I'll snap and either unintentionally kill someone or the opposite
As a kid at school I didnt mind a bit of fisticuffs occasionally, just the usual. As a young adult I got smacked from behind while repeatedly walking away from some lads out for trouble and then got kicked in the head with an end result some months later of two detached retinas (probably caused by this as I was told by the consultant) - so I try and keep calm and avoid. I like this page but sometimes find it hard not to react aggressively to situations described above but then I remember "detached retinas! detached retinas!"

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This.

I have used trains all my life on an almost daily basis including in London - am sitting on one as I type - as I don’t drive - so can say this is by no means a unique incident - there’s no reasoning with the Teenage Chavinistas -

I would have said to the woman - just move elsewhere (for her sake) and to the teen vaper, smiled nice and friendly like and say on a quiet conspiratorial manner, ‘you know that could seriously f*** your lungs up right? Then show her this if she was still listening; 🙂

• There have been 2,807 hospitalized cases of serious lung injury associated with vaping products, resulting in 68 deaths as of February 2020. (CDC, 2020)
  • Nearly 5,000 children younger than 5 received emergency room treatment for e-liquid nicotine exposure between 2013 and 2017. (Truth Initiative, 2019)
  • A recent study on mice found that 22.5% of subjects exposed to “e-cigarette smoke” for 54 weeks had developed lung adenocarcinomas and 57.5% had developed bladder urothelial hyperplasia. (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2019)
Are those figures open to scrutiny, where are they from? Just asking. What were the capes products etc etc?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
One comment did make me laugh though
"Eric Cartman"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Not sure what a Cardiff adult has to do with it but hey ho.
So you would probably laugh at her and roll your eyes but do nothing, yet you certainly wouldn't share it with people on twitter who would laugh at it but do nothing. Mmmm, do not be scared of mirrors. You can't beat them.
Coming back from Cardiff. Happened between Bristol and Bath. And, yes, there's a difference between an 18 year old male "intimidating" a train carriage and a female child repeating lines from Youtube.

I'm not sure what your second paragraph means. If I was on the train I'd have no choice but to select a reaction. That reaction wouldn't include publicly shaming her. In fact, until you started this trolling binfest I wasn't even aware of the incident.

But if humiliating fat, mentally ill 13 year old girls is your thing then knock yourself out.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sorry to hear about your dad, but something's got to end every single one of us. I appreciate that doesn't make it easier for you.
Thanks
However, to return to my earlier post on this thread, I personally find the mental health of this teen far more worrying than her physical health. There's an absolute epidemic of mental health issues in that generation, made worse by being locked inside for nearly two years with no school, no peer group and nothing much to do but watch other idiots giving it large on youtube. Ironically, the mental health of that generation has been at least partly sacrificed for the physical safety of people who spent all their lives smoking good, old fashioned fags.
I used to work in mental health support team with this age group (13-18) - and with 16-25 year olds with addiction issues and homelessness- that was 30 years ago - not sure much has changed in terms of the type of behavioural issues but the introduction of social media and mobile phones has of course amplified the problem and made it more prevalent. Without the ‘right’ parental/guardianship provision, all too easy to go off the rails at that age, even with it, life has too many challenges for some kids to cope with. I worked in a takeaway on a Saturday night for a while back in the early ‘80s - bunch of 15-17yr olds in off West Street, smashing up the takeaway (and me!) for no other reason than being pissed, bored, frustrated chavs that were too young to get into night clubs. Not sure that as teenagers standing in the Northstand on a Tuesday night that we were a particularly well behaved bunch, especially if we’d been drinking😂 - par for the course some of it.

Agree pandemic has exacerbated MH issues - that’s true across the age spectrum but especially in young teens, horrible few years for University students too. Unfortunately at a time when MH services over the past 10 years have been increasingly underfunded. (Lockdown was also to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed, not just to protect old/vulnerable but agree it was particularly hard on all kids/young people.)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Thanks

I used to work in mental health support team with this age group (13-18) - and with 16-25 year olds with addiction issues and homelessness- that was 30 years ago - not sure much has changed in terms of the type of behavioural issues but the introduction of social media and mobile phones has of course amplified the problem and made it more prevalent. Without the ‘right’ parental/guardianship provision, all too easy to go off the rails at that age, even with it, life has too many challenges for some kids to cope with. I worked in a takeaway on a Saturday night for a while back in the early ‘80s - bunch of 15-17yr olds in off West Street, smashing up the takeaway (and me!) for no other reason than being pissed, bored, frustrated chavs that were too young to get into night clubs. Not sure that as teenagers standing in the Northstand on a Tuesday night that we were a particularly well behaved bunch, especially if we’d been drinking😂 - par for the course some of it.

Agree pandemic has exacerbated MH issues - that’s true across the age spectrum but especially in young teens, horrible few years for University students too. Unfortunately at a time when MH services over the past 10 years have been increasingly underfunded. (Lockdown was also to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed, not just to protect old/vulnerable but agree it was particularly hard on all kids/young people.)
No I agree on your last para. We had to lockdown. The effects are going to be felt for a long while, however. And the longer this government pisses off key workers and underfunds mental health, the longer it will go on.

Let's all have a nice big witch burning of a female child though.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Are those figures open to scrutiny, where are they from? Just asking. What were the capes products etc etc?
there’s this

Sorry I can’t find the original link in my search history, I think the original information would have come from the CDC

But it’s still safer than smoking tobacco so far as research can tell (unless there’s cannabis (THC) in the vape oil - which can really screw with your lungs!)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If only there was a guard on the train
Precisely.

On my line, to save money and save complaints about chavs in first class, the line has . . . . removed first class. So my chance of getting a seat (with scoliosis) is reduced further. Bravo.

And who owns my line? It is one that HMG had to renationalize after the fuckers who owned the franchise trousered the Covid money and f***ed off.

I f***ing love the tories, me :facepalm:

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Coming back from Cardiff. Happened between Bristol and Bath. And, yes, there's a difference between an 18 year old male "intimidating" a train carriage and a female child repeating lines from Youtube.

I'm not sure what your second paragraph means. If I was on the train I'd have no choice but to select a reaction. That reaction wouldn't include publicly shaming her. In fact, until you started this trolling binfest I wasn't even aware of the incident.

But if humiliating fat, mentally ill 13 year old girls is your thing then knock yourself out.
Hmm, you are the one in the first few posts calling her a freak show, and are now calling her a fat, mentally ill girl. I suggest you have a word with yourself.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Yes, when I see these videos the only thought I have is about the sad, pathetic individual who tries to alter the course of someone else's life hopes whilst being forced to return to their original post every 5 minutes to see how many 'likes' they have ran up.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I think the issue I have with vaping is that people who didn't even smoke cigs are getting addicted, the amount of people I come across who are aged 18-25 who have never smoked but use vapes is astounding.
See little plumes of smoke in football grounds more often these days. You’d have thought not too long to wait until after match so backs your addiction comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here