Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti-semitic chanting

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Leeds United supporters should be told to f*** Off, job done.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There is a large Jewish community in Leeds.

None of whom are involved with the club. There is also a large Muslim,Sikh and Jehovah's witness population there...might as well pick on all of them for all the relevance there is to LUFC.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
None of whom are involved with the club. There is also a large Muslim,Sikh and Jehovah's witness population there...might as well pick on all of them for all the relevance there is to LUFC.
I think they used to have a bit of a jewish presence running the club in the 70's and 80's , their chairman used to be manny cussins who i think was jewish, either way i think its got to a ridiculous stage now , i'm sure the police have got better things to do with their time , sure its unsavoury, but is it worthy of spending police time on ? In the present austere fiscal climate, no .

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
e
How come we have not lodged a complaint about Palace and the homophobic singing.

I do sometimes wonder about this. I think it's only a matter of time. I think the recent racism charges and investigations will ultimately lead to other hate chanting being cracked down on. I have to say that actually seeing grown men shout "we scored 3 they scored 1, Brighton take it up the bum" was to me somewhat weird. I wouldn't't have thought of complaining myself, but only because to me they just seemed a bit ridiculous.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
e

I do sometimes wonder about this. I think it's only a matter of time. I think the recent racism charges and investigations will ultimately lead to other hate chanting being cracked down on. I have to say that actually seeing grown men shout "we scored 3 they scored 1, Brighton take it up the bum" was to me somewhat weird. I wouldn't't have thought of complaining myself, but only because to me they just seemed a bit ridiculous.

The singing does not offend me I find it funny and I think we have a few witty responses, however there must be some fans who maybe possibly do take it up the bum and maybe offended by this kind of song, and they have a right to moan about it I guess.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove

So you know for sure that there is not a single Jewish fan or employee of Leeds United Football Club? I expect there are many, but the chanting wouldn't be any less offensive if there happened not to be. Not sure what your point is?

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
I think they used to have a bit of a jewish presence running the club in the 70's and 80's , their chairman used to be manny cussins who i think was jewish, either way i think its got to a ridiculous stage now , i'm sure the police have got better things to do with their time , sure its unsavoury, but is it worthy of spending police time on ? In the present austere fiscal climate, no .

So we only care about racism if the economy is growing, but if the stock markets wobble or the banks f*** up it's all ok?

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
The singing does not offend me I find it funny and I think we have a few witty responses, however there must be some fans who maybe possibly do take it up the bum and maybe offended by this kind of song, and they have a right to moan about it I guess.

You don't have to be gay to be offended by homophobia, likewise most white people are offended by racism towards other ethnic groups.

However I do agree with the general sentiment of this thread, the authorities generally overreact to these things and end up causing more resentment towards the minority in question.

Oct 25, 2003

but if you DO take it up the bum, and you're generally loving life and all the joy that bum fun entails, they're simply quoting fact..........they did score 3, we did score 1, you are brighton AND you take it up the bum

there's definitely a difference to that and millwall fans chanting "aids scum" though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here